Groups

SONY KDL32EX403 PC connection help required

I bought me the above TV a few weeks back and have connected it to my pc via a CAT5 cable.

I get a connection to my pc just fine, its just when I play movies the picture quality is quite grainy. Now I used to watch movies via the same cable that was connected to my origional xbox but didnt have this grainy effect? Anyone have this problem or know how to cure it?

Thanks

Muz

8 Comments

It may be upscaling engine in your tv, how was your xbox onnected to it, by what kind of cable?

dcx_badass

Cat 5 is a netowrk cable. Can you clarify what you are actually using … Cat 5 is a netowrk cable. Can you clarify what you are actually using please.

This sounds strange - DLNA can use CAT5 and the 403 is DLNA compatible, I'm not really sure what he's asking...

He could even mean a VGA cable for all we know...

I'm right in thinking XBMC worked through VGA?

dcx_badass

Nope, original xbox is just Composite, RGB or Component.Basically the OP … Nope, original xbox is just Composite, RGB or Component.Basically the OP did the usual, ask a question, give no info, don't bother coming back to it. They'll probably come back with a bit more info someone will help them and answer it then they won't bother to come back and say thanks. Happening more and more frequently on here.

Sometimes I wonder why people even bother to help!

It's not even like he's a newbie either!! 3 months as a member... Ah well - he's not as bad as the 0 feedback scam artists on fs/ft...

Original Poster

its a cat5 cable as printed on the cable

dcx_badass

Cat 5 is a netowrk cable. Can you clarify what you are actually using … Cat 5 is a netowrk cable. Can you clarify what you are actually using please.

Original Poster

pozmu

It may be upscaling engine in your tv, how was your xbox onnected to it, … It may be upscaling engine in your tv, how was your xbox onnected to it, by what kind of cable?

my xbox was connected by the exact same cable

Original Poster

dcx_badass

I know, it's unclear if he wants to display his Pc on the TV or is trying … I know, it's unclear if he wants to display his Pc on the TV or is trying to stream media over a network.

Im trying to stream movies on to my tv, i used to use the xmbc on my xbox which streams the same movies via the same cable spot on?

do you think it might be the player in the TV? as im guessing the tv is plaing the actual file?

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Nope, original xbox is just Composite, RGB or Component.Basically the OP … Nope, original xbox is just Composite, RGB or Component.Basically the OP did the usual, ask a question, give no info, don't bother coming back to it. They'll probably come back with a bit more info someone will help them and answer it then they won't bother to come back and say thanks. Happening more and more frequently on here.

Hey Sorry for the late replys, i have been away and not had access to my pc. i do appreciate the comments, i really do, a big thank you mr dckbadass and mr tomwatts.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions