Groups

sony KDL40S5500 any good

Banned
    what do you guyd think of this for £499 with 5yr warranty, also is a 40in TV to big for my room, its 4m X 4m so we are not gonna be viewing from miles away

24 Comments

if ur looking at this go for the real hot deal with the kdl-40w5500 its amazing much better than the s series

Original Poster Banned

stephen2k5;6606721

if ur looking at this go for the real hot deal with the kdl-40w5500 its … if ur looking at this go for the real hot deal with the kdl-40w5500 its amazing much better than the s series

im looking at whewther its a good price, no doubt the w model is a bigger price

sassie;6606737

im looking at whewther its a good price, no doubt the w model is a bigger … im looking at whewther its a good price, no doubt the w model is a bigger price

for the price its good, but then its only another £100 and i know it seems alot, for the difference in quality its deffo worth it for a big purchase

Original Poster Banned

stephen2k5;6606747

for the price its good, but then its only another £100 and i know it … for the price its good, but then its only another £100 and i know it seems alot, for the difference in quality its deffo worth it for a big purchase

where from, does it come with the extra 5 yrs warranty? also do you trhink 40in would be to big for my lounge

sassie;6606758

where from, does it come with the extra 5 yrs warranty? also do you … where from, does it come with the extra 5 yrs warranty? also do you trhink 40in would be to big for my lounge

its the argos deal. its one of the real hot ones of the week. 4m x 4m is ok for 40 i think. depends on the main source u'll b using. if hi-def then as close as u like, if freeview or standard def then about 10ft away. Sony offer a 3 year warranty with all sets at the moment and i dont believe argos do the 5 year for free but the price is cracking!! (btw i work at a sony centre :thumbsup:)

Original Poster Banned

stephen2k5;6606782

its the argos deal. its one of the real hot ones of the week. 4m x 4m is … its the argos deal. its one of the real hot ones of the week. 4m x 4m is ok for 40 i think. depends on the main source u'll b using. if hi-def then as close as u like, if freeview or standard def then about 10ft away. Sony offer a 3 year warranty with all sets at the moment and i dont believe argos do the 5 year for free but the price is cracking!! (btw i work at a sony centre :thumbsup:)

only normal tv, with a wii for the kids, it was at a sony centre i saw this, its actually £599 but a £100 off for my tv and 5 yrs warranty which i thought was good

sassie;6606823

only normal tv, with a wii for the kids, it was at a sony centre i saw … only normal tv, with a wii for the kids, it was at a sony centre i saw this, its actually £599 but a £100 off for my tv and 5 yrs warranty which i thought was good

yeh sony centres are doing the trade in offer which is pretty good, the 40w series is about 799 with trade in. but if argos have got the offer 40w for 599 its amazing! and the w series will show off standard def alot better! i'll try find some reviews for you

try this one sass

http://williamsager.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/old-tv-set.jpg

whathifi.com/Rev…00/

please ignore the backlighting issue they go on about, we had our reps confirm that what hifi had a pre-production model that had that problem and the retail models dont. :-)

Original Poster Banned

stephen2k5;6606859

yeh sony centres are doing the trade in offer which is pretty good, the … yeh sony centres are doing the trade in offer which is pretty good, the 40w series is about 799 with trade in. but if argos have got the offer 40w for 599 its amazing! and the w series will show off standard def alot better! i'll try find some reviews for you

thanks stephen, im not to up on tvs and what is good, its all mumbo jumbo to me, was hoping for a 5 year warranty really, not planning on getting sky or anything like that, its just used a tv, we not big tv couch potatoes

Original Poster Banned

boothy;6606886

try this one sass

thats what im trying to replace:oops:

sassie;6606897

thanks stephen, im not to up on tvs and what is good, its all mumbo jumbo … thanks stephen, im not to up on tvs and what is good, its all mumbo jumbo to me, was hoping for a 5 year warranty really, not planning on getting sky or anything like that, its just used a tv, we not big tv couch potatoes

in all fairness, the best place for customer service is sony centres and argos would b rubbish lol....but value for money on product would be the w series! but sony centres offer the 5 year which seems to be a winner with alot of people!....but if ur lil ones like to play on the wii....the 40w has the 100hz motionflow which makes a massive difference on the games consoles as well as freeview

Original Poster Banned

stephen2k5;6606956

in all fairness, the best place for customer service is sony centres and … in all fairness, the best place for customer service is sony centres and argos would b rubbish lol....but value for money on product would be the w series! but sony centres offer the 5 year which seems to be a winner with alot of people!....but if ur lil ones like to play on the wii....the 40w has the 100hz motionflow which makes a massive difference on the games consoles as well as freeview

arrrggghhhh i knew i should have just ordered it, rathger than come on here and ask, now im arrgghhhh-ing :oops:

sassie;6606997

arrrggghhhh i knew i should have just ordered it, rathger than come on … arrrggghhhh i knew i should have just ordered it, rathger than come on here and ask, now im arrgghhhh-ing :oops:

im sowwwwyyy lol! ok lets just go for the quick bullets...

the 40w is very good value for money as a deal at the mo!!

but the 40s is cheap....but imo not half as good as the S and only £100 more.

but if ur trying to spend as lil as possible....the S is obviously the one:-D

i think john lewis will price match and give you the 5 year warranty free.
    if they have them in stock.....

Original Poster Banned

trying to get the best i can for the best price, but think i would really want the 5 yr warranty, 4 yrs is alot if it does fail after 3 yrs

Original Poster Banned

GAZUK;6607062

i think john lewis will price match and give you the 5 year warranty … i think john lewis will price match and give you the 5 year warranty free. if they have them in stock.....

i dont have a john lewis by me

sassie;6607065

trying to get the best i can for the best price, but think i would really … trying to get the best i can for the best price, but think i would really want the 5 yr warranty, 4 yrs is alot if it does fail after 3 yrs

oh yeh....as GAZUK just said...JL should price match!....either that or richer sounds will

Original Poster Banned

stephen2k5;6607078

oh yeh....as GAZUK just said...JL should price match!....either that or … oh yeh....as GAZUK just said...JL should price match!....either that or richer sounds will

neither in my area :x

stephen will sony centre price match ????

Original Poster Banned

GAZUK;6607168

shove price match, whats ya staff discout stephen - lol

GAZUK;6607168

sassie;6607178

shove price match, whats ya staff discout stephen - lol

sony centres being franchises is entirely upto the store....always worth asking....everybody wants a sale ;-) even if they dont price match....they still might reduce the price for a sale!....

and even staff discount doesnt get much lower than those prices lol....especially the W....thats below trade + vat cost!!

Original Poster Banned

stephen2k5;6607250

sony centres being franchises is entirely upto the store....always worth … sony centres being franchises is entirely upto the store....always worth asking....everybody wants a sale ;-) even if they dont price match....they still might reduce the price for a sale!....and even staff discount doesnt get much lower than those prices lol....especially the W....thats below trade + vat cost!!

i have tried to get them to knock a price down before and they wont budge a fiver, never mind will have to have a serious think on it, rep left for your help x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …154370
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2734
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1218
      4. Any PS4 News Here29213641

See more discussions