Groups

Sony, LG, Samsung, Panasonic or Philips?

Looking for a new TV, and have come up with a shortlist of 3. Size isn't too much of an issue, I'm happy with 40" or 43", but other than that which is the best of these three deals? What are the pros and cons?

Sony 40 Inch KDL40WD653BU FHD Smart LED TV381 - £315.00

argos.co.uk/pro…807

LG 43LH570V 43 Inch Full HD Smart LED TV - £315

argos.co.uk/pro…380

Samsung UE40K5500 40 Inch Full HD Smart LED TV - £315

argos.co.uk/pro…656

Panasonic 40 Inch DS500B Full HD Smart LED TV - £332

argos.co.uk/pro…991

Philips 43PUS6401 43 Inch 4K Ultra HD Ambilight Smart TV - £341

argos.co.uk/pro…465

All help and pointers much appreciated - need to purchase today while I can still use the TV10 code to get the discount.

Thanks.

6 Comments

ive had the LG (i bought it as i previously had a stuunning LG lcd) and now have the Philips and found the Philips to be leagues ahead ( i know Il get some stick).I must admit that the smart functions on all the smart tvs ive had (ive had the Hisense M4300 too) have been awful and im much happier with my Roku.

The Philips does have 4 hdmi too which is handy. You can record tv to a hard drive and it has limited HDR functionality.

You can use bluetooth headphones with the tv too and you can install Kodi on the tv

Original Poster

Thanks mate, that's the one I have gone for! Off to pick it up now, thanks for your help.

jamierichardson129

ive had the LG (i bought it as i previously had a stuunning LG lcd) and … ive had the LG (i bought it as i previously had a stuunning LG lcd) and now have the Philips and found the Philips to be leagues ahead ( i know Il get some stick).I must admit that the smart functions on all the smart tvs ive had (ive had the Hisense M4300 too) have been awful and im much happier with my Roku.

Thanks mate, that's the one I have gone for! Off to pick it up now, thanks for your help.

no problem hope you like it

Funghi

Thanks mate, that's the one I have gone for! Off to pick it up now, … Thanks mate, that's the one I have gone for! Off to pick it up now, thanks for your help.Thanks mate, that's the one I have gone for! Off to pick it up now, thanks for your help.

​Theres a new update to the tv which seems to be making the android side behave alot better
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2737
      2. Legal advice33
      3. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?59
      4. Samsung Galaxy S666

See more discussions