Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo 4GB

I am looking to buy one of these for my camare before I go skiing and I have noticed that an Amazon Marketplace seller has them for £14.40.
amazon.co.uk/gp/…p_2
Am I safe ordering from this place or would you all pay the extra and get it direct from Amazon even though it is double the price? I just don't want a fake as I know loads are floating about.
Thanks.

6 Comments

chances are the market place ones are fakes, although generally the fakes do work fine.

I wouldn't trust a fake memory card regardless of whether it appears to work properly or not. Chances are it will fail spectacularly after a few months, and you will be left with no warranty and no memory stick.

I've had this happen with a 1GB Memory Stick Pro Duo in the past, purchased from eBay, one day it was working fine...the next, completely corrupt. It would format and work again for a few hours, but after a while, it would fail again...

I've had 2 x 2gb ones go faulty on me (to be fair I've had them for a year and used them in all sorts of tempratures -40/+40) but i've just shelled out £27.99 for a sony one from play.com...

Original Poster

Thanks guys...reckon I will have to pay a bit more then

its worth it in the long run

boothy;1488038

its worth it in the long run

Couldn't agree more! :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona55
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764039
    3. What an absolute disgrace2161
    4. Pink Balls24

See more discussions