Groups
    EXPIRED

Sony PlatStation3 HDD Upgrade

I was wanting to upgrade the HDD on my PS3, the best price I've found for a 500GB hard drive is £118.68 from span.com.

Can anyone offer any advice as to whether or not this is a good price or do you know of any cheaper.

Also is this even a good drive or is it a bit naff?

The link for the drive:

span.com/cat…GBP

6 Comments

not sure if this is cheapest but you can get the same drive from scan for £112.61 + free delivery if you are member of avforum.

scan.co.uk/Pro…215

I upgraded mine recently as well, went for a 320gb one because that was the best price/gb at that time, plus it was 5400rpm. You may be tempted to get a 7200rpm but don't, the performace increase is minimal and not worth the extra heat and noise. Stay with 5200rpm or 4200rpm. You probably knew this already, hence your pick on a 4200rpm hdd.

moneysaverraver;2663515

http://www.wikihow.com/Add-an-External-Hard-Drive-to-a-Playstation-3http://www.ebuyer.com/product/136212

TC wants to upgrade his hdd, not getting an external one.

Original Poster

Would you say that a good price then?

If you don't mind me askin, how much did you pay for your 320?

Original Poster

I've just foound the same one for under £90. Thets seems pretty cheap, might post it as a deal.

mmk1125;2663684

not sure if this is cheapest but you can get the same drive from scan for … not sure if this is cheapest but you can get the same drive from scan for £112.61 + free delivery if you are member of avforum.

avforums free delivery doesn't work anymore

hexus one still does though

Original Poster

droitwichdosser;2664474

avforums free delivery doesn't work anymore :(hexus one still does though … avforums free delivery doesn't work anymore :(hexus one still does though

I can't get registered on hexus, the activation link they sent me doesn't work.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?910
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?615
      3. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??56
      4. GAP Insurance Recommendations11

See more discussions