Groups
    EXPIRED

Sony PS3 on Watchdog again

PS3 YLOD + other faults and the £125 repair fee feature on Watchdog again tonight (24th Sept)

25 Comments

ok................

Should be interesting, thanks for the heads up:thumbsup:

watchdog were a joke last time, 11 fixed and 4 broke in a few days, hardly proved their point! odviously not as simple as heating it up!

Hopefully they can get sony to reduce the £125 repair fee as this is too high but if my 60gb ever broke I would rather sony actually fix my console than some geek bodge it up only for it to break again!

Had mine 3 years no problems.

There making a mountain out of a molehill. There theory is wrong and the majority of yellow light ps3's are very very small compared to other console manufacturers out there. Infact all ps3 owners that i personally know have never had a fault. Where as i have more xbox owner friends and i would say 70% of them have had a problem.

Although £125 is a stupidly high price to fix a ps3 regardless of what the fault is. If it breaks outside your warranty why moan? that goes with everything, you know what the warranty is when you purchase a item. If your worried that much go get a costco membership and buy from them. If not an your ps3 breaks outside of warranty then dont pay £125 to sony pay half that and use a local repair guy/girl.

chelskii;6390842

I know plenty of people that have had YLOD and RROD and even 2 WII … I know plenty of people that have had YLOD and RROD and even 2 WII failures but that is neither here nor there the program is about THE PS3 AND THE YLOD and the £125 repair bill.

It's a bit boring Chelskii... trying to justify your (bizarre) love of the 360 by constantly banging on about the ps3 failure rate... most of us own both (or all three) consoles, frankly we don't care - If watchdog force Sony to extend the warranty (in much the same way as public pressure +watchdog) forced Microsoft to accept the high RROD failure rate and extend the warranty period (and again with the E74 errors) then the only winner is the consumer...

Good on them!

Banned

some people really need to grow up !

Original Poster

csiman;6392171

some people really need to grow up !

This is a discussion on a current TV program "Sony PS3 on Watchdog again" so go look up the meaning of the word disccusion and you could also complain to the BBC for showing the program and that it has caused people to discuss it. :roll:

Banned

chelskii;6416698

This is a discussion on a current TV program "Sony PS3 on Watchdog again" … This is a discussion on a current TV program "Sony PS3 on Watchdog again" so go look up the meaning of the word disccusion and you could also complain to the BBC for showing the program and that it has caused people to discuss it. :roll:

oh dear - lolz :prop:

this is when you know who the 16 year olds are, when they start defending 'their' console over another with so called stats and 'mates' experiences etc

as you were

chelskii;6417211

Take it you mean this one near the top ? -

nah just every thread about one console over another

chelskii;6416698
    go look up the meaning of the word disccusion

I did... ]Sorry.... did you mean discussion?

Oh lordy... What are my taxes paying for...

chelskii;6418855

Looks Your taxes are going on letting you have the time to look up every … Looks Your taxes are going on letting you have the time to look up every spelling mistake on hotukdeals

Banned

ps3 is rubbish

chelskii;6418928

Looks like Your taxes are going on letting you have the time to look up … Looks like Your taxes are going on letting you have the time to look up every spelling mistake on hotukdeals

I'm interested to know how you got your post edited and mine deleted?

chelskii;6418946

Don't know maybe you should ask a mod.

Nah... It was nice of them to tidy it up...

I'm going to (try and) stay out of your obvious attempts to bait non xbox owners... as a grown man (and 360 owner) I should know better...

Hope it all works out for you....

360 is a pile of childish ****! one look at that garish, 5 year old's Mountain Dew/Cartoon Network bedroomed style menu is enough to make me puke! It's that good i gave it to my lad and i opted for the more tasteful, upmarket PS3 where i have just fitted a tasty 320HDD (can you do that for 37 squid? no? didn't think so).

Banned

there appears to be a problem with the latest firmware according to playstation forums.....lot of failures of blu ray drive apparently

blog.us.playstation.com/200…14/

chelskii;6428406

I haven't got a clue of what you are talking about but it doesn't sound … I haven't got a clue of what you are talking about but it doesn't sound like it's anything to do with the discussion which is "PS3 and the YLOD feature on Watchdog again".......

Ok let's put this into perspective, i know of 20 people who have PS3's and not one has gone wrong, i also know about the same amount of people inc myself and every 360 has had the RROD plus the disc tray scratching discs even though it has not been moved.

Also aren't people having problems with ODST? people complaining that it won't read the disc and some people have even stated that the console has stopped working because of this.

And if you want to harp on about the PS on Watchdog then maybe you want to watch their programme on the 360 back in 2007 to jog your memory.

youtube.com/wat…Hyc

And no i ain't a PS3 fanboy, i'm just sick and tired of how people lick up to these big, money hungry corporations....

Anyway jog on :thumbsup:

p.s. here's a list of the many errors the 360 has shown here:

forums.xbox-scene.com/ind…726

aphex187;6428704

Ok let's put this into perspective, i know of 20 people who have PS3's … Ok let's put this into perspective, i know of 20 people who have PS3's and not one has gone wrong, i also know about the same amount of people inc myself and every 360 has had the RROD plus the disc tray scratching discs even though it has not been moved.Also aren't people having problems with ODST? people complaining that it won't read the disc and some people have even stated that the console has stopped working because of this.And if you want to harp on about the PS on Watchdog then maybe you want to watch their programme on the 360 back in 2007 to jog your memory.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56-gQq62HycAnd no i ain't a PS3 fanboy, i'm just sick and tired of how people lick up to these big, money hungry corporations....Anyway jog on :thumbsup:p.s. here's a list of the many errors the 360 has shown here:http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=484726

Alfonse;6417095

this is when you know who the 16 year olds are, when they start defending … this is when you know who the 16 year olds are, when they start defending 'their' console over another with so called stats and 'mates' experiences etcas you were

lolzer as predicted :roll:

£125 doesn't really sound that much to me in the terms of what the PS3 cost (or orignally did anyway). Electronics repairs invariably start at over £50 these days just for the cost of diagnostics/inspection, and thats usually before the device is even opened up. Anyone who invested in an early PS3 is probably aware that they were buying pretty much brand new technology in blue-lasers and the CELL cpu system - drastically different to the established technology in the other consoles and very expensive to manufacture - and remember the PS3 was sold at a significant loss to Sony to cover R+D and costs of these new technologies. Not sure what the base cost of a blue laser is these days - but I'd be certain it is still several times the cost of a DVD-playback laser... If the underlying fault is with the new chips, laser or motherboard/soldering, the simple fact is it will cost Sony at very least £125 to repair...

chelskii;6428790

The discussion is about the "PS3 and the YLOD on watchdog" we all know … The discussion is about the "PS3 and the YLOD on watchdog" we all know that another game console has been on their 2 years ago but it's nothing to do with this one..

Sorry m8 just thought i'd wind you up a bit! :whistling:

aphex187;6429885

yeeeeeeeeeeesssssss how unpredictable owned b4 you posted :thumbsup:

chelskii;6428790

The discussion is about the "PS3 and the YLOD on watchdog" we all know … The discussion is about the "PS3 and the YLOD on watchdog" we all know that another game console has been on their 2 years ago but it's nothing to do with this one..

Okay... :thumbsup:

hotukdeals.com/ite…og/

Alfonse;6429980

yeeeeeeeeeeesssssss how unpredictable owned b4 you posted :thumbsup:

:w00t:

aphex187;6429885

Didn't your mother teach you it's cruel to pick on defenseless children :thumbsup::giggle:

megalomaniac;6430896

Didn't your mother teach you it's cruel to pick on defenseless children … Didn't your mother teach you it's cruel to pick on defenseless children :thumbsup::giggle:

oooooh :oops:

:roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?68
      2. Tooth extraction55
      3. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)23
      4. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?38

See more discussions