EXPIRED

Sony PS3 Slim 320GB with Killzone 3 - £226.40 @ Currys (Price match)

My Old PS3 died from the YLOD. Saw a great deal in Tesco for £228, but they were out of stock in my area. Went into Currys and they price matched Tesco plus gave 10% off the difference. Not sure if you can do it online. They also offered insurance for £1.79 a month.

16 Comments

dandoc2

Price in title please it saves people time having to click into the … Price in title please it saves people time having to click into the thread. Cheers

Doesn't it tell you the price under the Go to Deal button?

spadman

Doesn't it tell you the price under the Go to Deal button?

Yes BUT a second ago it wasn't in the title - he's now changed it

Original Poster

dandoc2

Price in title please it saves people time having to click into the … Price in title please it saves people time having to click into the thread. Cheers

OK

dandoc2

Yes BUT a second ago it wasn't in the title - he's now changed it

Frankia has just added it although I'm not too sure why as the inital post was fine you do not need to click into the thread, the price is already clearly displayed?

don't see why they would price match if it's out of stock at the other store ....

bit of a hit and miss deal IMO

toonarmani

don't see why they would price match if it's out of stock at the other … don't see why they would price match if it's out of stock at the other store ....bit of a hit and miss deal IMO

+1

youve been lucky if they price matched an OOS store.

Fantastic deal, particularly coming from Currys of all places. I'd straight away cancel the "insurance" though. Wondering if you need to wheel a deal with the insurance in order to get the deal.

The only price match if the item is in stock, and that it's the same item ie: if tescos deal is a bundle box, currys has to have the bundle, they won't match if they're ps3 and game aren't in a bundle box.

Ahhh.. the infamous ylod.
great deal especially for a 320gb one

i work for comet and would say if the insurance was on the cards they woudl price match even if tesco was oos and of course if you want to cancel thats fine you have the 45 days cooling off

yeahbutitsnotfree

Ahhh.. the infamous ylod.great deal especially for a 320gb one

I spent the last couple of weeks unsuccessfully repairing my YLOD. I must have taken the motherboard out a dozen times and the only times it worked again (for a limited time!) was after doing the hairdryer trick...It gave me enough time to backup to an external drive and make sure my GT5 was out.

I tried using arctic silver thermal compound but that didn't fix it for long.

You have to do this in store then?

How is that going to work if you just turn up and say tesco direct have it for so in so will you price match?

Can't seem them doing that, especially if its not in stock. I didn't think stores would match online prices generally

You have to do this in store then?

How is that going to work if you just turn up and say tesco direct have it for so in so will you price match?

Can't seem them doing that, especially if its not in stock. I didn't think stores would match online prices generally

Currys are gits and they hardly ever honour the price match deal....tesco never did this deal with killzone only Little big planet 2, so I am very surprised they matched it, especially that it has to be local tesco store with stock!

This is definetly not the norm, and you prob got lucky with an extra dense employee...

Has the OP got any proof of this deal? as mentioned above the Tesco bundle didn't include Killzone 3

Banned

Moved to misc as it's info. If you can publish a link to the deal at the price offered, we'll reinstate.

Thanks for taking the time to share.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40214
    2. Quidco and new IPAD 'Prevent Cross-Site Tracking'11
    3. word association Game73944481
    4. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1422

See more discussions