Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Sony PS5 Digital Console + DualSense Charging Station £414.99 @ BT

Posted 8th Dec 2022 (Posted 12 h, 18 m ago)
50+ in stock.

Free P&P!
shop.bt.com/pro…tml

info added by @wadz

Key features
  • Integrated I/O
  • Ray tracing
  • 4K TV gaming
  • Up to 120 fps with 120 Hz output
  • HDR technology
  • 8K output

Product codesQuicklinx: H0B4ZA00
Mfr#: 9425991

PlayStation®5 Digital Edition Console

Experience lightning-fast loading with an ultra-high speed SSD, deeper immersion with support for haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, and 3D audio, and an all-new generation of incredible PlayStation® games.

PS5™ Digital Edition is an all-digital version of the PS5™ console with no disc drive. Sign into your account for PlayStation™Network and go to PlayStation™Store to buy and download games.

Lightning Speed
Ultra-High Speed SSD - Maximise your play sessions with near instant load times for installed PS5™ games.
Integrated I/O - The custom integration of the PS5™ console's systems lets creators pull data from the SSD so quickly that they can design games in ways never before possible.

Stunning Games
Ray Tracing - Immerse yourself in worlds with a new level of realism as rays of light are individually simulated, creating true-to-life shadows and reflections in supported PS5™ games.
4K-TV Gaming - Play your favourite PS5™ games on your stunning 4K TV.
Up to 120fps with 120Hz Output - Enjoy smooth and fluid high frame rate gameplay at up to 120fps for compatible games, with support for 120Hz output on 4K displays.
HDR Technology - With an HDR TV, supported PS5™ games display an unbelievably vibrant and lifelike range of colours.
8K Output - The PS5™ console is compatible with 8K displays through HDMI 2.1 support.

Breathtaking Immersion
Tempest 3D AudioTech - Immerse yourself in soundscapes where it feels as if the sound comes from every direction. Through your compatible headphones your surroundings truly come alive with Tempest 3D AudioTech in supported games.
Haptic Feedback - Experience haptic feedback via the DualSense wireless controller in select PS5 titles and feel the effects and impact of your in-game actions through dynamic sensory feedback.
Adaptive Triggers - Get to grips with immersive adaptive triggers, featuring dynamic resistance levels which simulate the physical impact of in-game activities in select PS5 games.

Dimensions (WxDxH) - 39 cm x 26 cm x 9.2 cm
Weight - 3.9 kg
Returns policy
Delivery charges
Community Updates
New Comment

119 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Any parents considering this over the disc version should be aware they will very quickly lose the benefit of the £120 saving over the disc version.

This is because PS store prices are notoriously bad for digital games and sales are few and far between.

Disc versions of games will generally be available more cheaply in store and second hand games even cheaper again.

False economy at this price and you're suckering yourself into a more expensive market for digital games for years to come.

The Xbox One S is at least dirt cheap to pick up. (edited)
    They have sales every week, and buying PSN wallet top-ups from ShopTo and the like can help offset the higher prices. Buying a game at release is almost always going to be cheaper physically though.

The main thing you ideally need with the digital version is a fast connection, otherwise downloading games is going to take ages.
  2. Avatar
    No point buying this. Both the digital and disk versions are in stock direct from PlayStation
  3. Avatar
    My boys have both had a disc version since day one. Both came with discs which were hardly used and we haven't bought any since. The past two years have been filled completely with all the digital stuff available from PS+. Buying the digital only PS5 would have made no difference and saved me a few quid so I would say if you want a digital only version go for it. Disc versions aren't for everyone. So many people complain on here that you can't watch a blu ray, you can't trade your games in... Who cares! My kids certainly don't. They probably don't even know what a blu ray is. 2 PS5, 2 years of constant use, not a disc in sight. Go for it.
    Lucky you have kids not asking for the new call of duty or god of wars games. £70 games.. (edited)
  4. Avatar
    Sony have had these in stock (disc and digital) for weeks . Yet still people scalping them . Bonkers .
    All other companies only doing bundles
    Yep I've noticed the disc version goes only slightly above retail price but digital is an average of £90 above retail. Why do people pay so much more for a digital on ebay!?!!
  5. Avatar
    Not bad deal but would highly recommend PS5 DISC version.
    Just bought a ps5 game for like £8 disc for something quick to play. Much better than spending twice or more on the store and then having to download and delete other items from storage to make space...
    I also have the series S so I can enjoy cloud streaming and digital games there if need be
    Either way Id recommend getting the SSD for it
    You know disc games also require installation and take up similar amounts of storage? Agree with you on cost saving element of physical discs though
  6. Avatar
    Go for disc version of you can. A lot of friends regret getting digital only
    Author
    Why? Surely you weigh up the benefits and negatives of getting either version first?
  7. Avatar
    I don't understand why this is so hot. Irrespective of whether you do/don't want the ability to play disks, it's not that cheap. 60 quid gets you a disc version direct from Sony, there has been plenty of stock.
    Even for future resale value it's worth 60 quid.
    Plenty of disc bundles elsewhere with god of war R, which you'd have got 55 quid back on.
    I do have a ps5 disc and a series S, which is similarly limited but it's in a completely different league price wise.
    Last couple of Xmas nobody really wanted discless ps5, not sure what changed this year.
    Author
    "I don't understand why this is so hot"

Because some people have a different opinion than yourself perhaps? You're not wrong though, it's easy enough usually to sell the crap the bundles come with if you can be bothered. It's just good to see that PS5's are becoming available much more frequently than before. (edited)
  8. Avatar
    I bought the disc version and I would recommend it over the digital one as you can buy PS4 Games (PS5) compatible starting at around 8 euros (edited)
    Author
    It's a nice bonus if that's your thing, but I don't think anyone is buying a PS5 to first and foremost play PS4 games.
  9. Avatar
    Good catch more heat than a flamedeer
  10. Avatar
    Regularly in stock now. This is not a deal. Colder than the weather.
    Author
    Well plenty of people seem happy enough with it. If I helped just one person then I really couldn't care less if you thought it was cold. And if it's regularly in stock I haven't seen many deals posted here that weren't bundles. (edited)
  11. Avatar
    Be prepared to get your ass whipped by the ps store game prices over the next 8 years
    Not if you’re from Turkey 😏
  12. Avatar
    Seems so weird to see these available after the supply issues
  13. Avatar
    Further 10% off via cashback with Complete Savings. Heat.
  14. Avatar
    Too little and late for me. I've been waiting this long for a PS5 unit. I'd rather wait another 12 months for a PS5 Pro (edited)
  15. Avatar
    Whilst I don't think this price for digital console and charging dock is really a deal, especially considering I have had mine for two years at £360, I don't understand all the hate for digital.

If you don't necessarily buy new releases at £70, have some patience and a PS Plus library (long term essential subscriber or an extra/premium subscriber) digital will meet your needs. The library for Extra/Premium is great value for money and you can play all the big PS5 launch games (Miles Morales/Demon Souls and tonnes more) within the subscription. (edited)
    it's even more than RRP. So yeah, not a deal. £390 plus £20 for the Dock.
  16. Avatar
    Thank you
  17. Avatar
    PSN prices are extortionate if you want current games, I wouldn't even consider a digital console.
    Author
    I can afford it and I don't like physical copies, speaking for myself. That's a good enough reason for me to avoid the Disc version. Speaking only for myself of course. And although both look a bit naff, I think the slightly more compact chassis of this version is less of a monstrocity than the other.
  18. Avatar
    This time last year you couldn't get a PS5 for love nor money, now they're everywhere
  19. Avatar
    Can anyone recommend the cheapest place for a ps5 joypad ?
    Author
    Marketplace probably! Always people selling them on there for considerably cheaper than what you can find online. Both new and used.
  20. Avatar
    Author
    [deleted]
  21. Avatar
    R.R.P. for digital is £389.99 and you can get a charging station for £19.99 so saving £5 really on R.R.P. for both. A saving is a saving though I guess
    Author
    It's more to do with the fact that it's in stock without being a part of some bundle that puts extra £ on the price that includes a headset and other things others don't want or need.
  22. Avatar
    I hate my Digital PS5, hardly gets used. Only recently turned it back on for God of War, and only because I bought the game on the Turkish PSN.
    Can you give me an idea of how much cheaper a game is on the Turkish PSN store vs UK for day a game like the new CoD?
  23. Avatar
    you don't get a controller?
    don't think so no
  24. Avatar
    Hi highly recommend getting the disc version and an external hdd. 1tb is no Shere near enough storage. If you can afford it get a big m.2.
  25. Avatar
    Love when a OP gets told and they still act smug..
  26. Avatar
    48967483-vYu6b.jpg
  27. Avatar
    Digital consoles lock you into their ecosystem so you can never own your own games. Subscription services mean you'll never own anything
Top Merchants