Groups

Sony TV Ex-Display, is it worth it? (5 Year Warranty)

I've seen an Ex-Display Sony 55" X8509C for sale at £649 - is it worth it? God knows how many hours it's been running (Currys), but it still comes with 5 year warranty. Or would I be better getting a new TV?

10 Comments

If your spending that much cash I'd advise you to buy brand new, you gotta think about dust as well as how long the tv has been on instore.

Original Poster

Never thought about dust.
    This one is for my folks, I bought the same model new for £799 last month, and it's a beauty! Problem is, it's hard to find this model anywhere else, especially for this price.

Edited by: "Relievo" 1st Oct 2016

Snakeyes646

If your spending that much cash I'd advise you to buy brand new, you … If your spending that much cash I'd advise you to buy brand new, you gotta think about dust as well as how long the tv has been on instore.

​ true ... seen better deals on Panasonic, Samsung brand new and boxed , didn't Sony stop making tv, and they are re badged Samsung??
    rgbdirect do ex display for £50 cheaper?

never buy ex display tvs - on for 10 to 12 hours a day......not worth it..

Original Poster

only 1 year garantee (RGB)
    Edited by: "Relievo" 1st Oct 2016

it's a bit pricey for a ex display tbh, have you spoken to the manager regarding it an see if you can get anymore off it?

if I was in your shoes then I would ask for home collection if anything goes wrong with it, and to bring a replacement as well to give your folks so they have something to use while its is being repaired.

worked at richer sounds for quite a few years and tbh you would go beyond the call of duty to get rid of ex display models, as a manager you don't want that sitting in the stock pile out the back losing money.

If it is covered for 5 years, go for it. If it fails, you'll either be given a replacement or your money back. I've bought ex display computers in the past and not had an issue.

"Sony TV Ex-Display, is it worth it?"

Its from Currys so probably not.

I would dodge it for that price. need to think of the usage bearing in mind kids messing with the buttons, flaps etc in store

ThugBasher

it's a bit pricey for a ex display tbh, have you spoken to the manager … it's a bit pricey for a ex display tbh, have you spoken to the manager regarding it an see if you can get anymore off it?if I was in your shoes then I would ask for home collection if anything goes wrong with it, and to bring a replacement as well to give your folks so they have something to use while its is being repaired.worked at richer sounds for quite a few years and tbh you would go beyond the call of duty to get rid of ex display models, as a manager you don't want that sitting in the stock pile out the back losing money.

Both of these come as standard. Also if it has a five year guarantee you have nothing to lose as if it goes wrong and cannot be repaired it will be replaced or money back.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1339
      2. word association Game73844478
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1861345
      4. WONGA REFUNDS DUE2111021

See more discussions