Found 21st Aug 2009
Heading over to USA in a week and was thinking about buying a vaio to replace my increasingly frustrating M1330. Does anyone know if I buy it there will the warranty be good here? Or will I have to send it to america to get fixed or will I have no warranty at all? I emailed Sony support about two weeks ago and have had no reply so any help would be appreciated and repped

5 Comments

I would doubt very much if an American warranty would be honoured over here.

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6075959

I would doubt very much if an American warranty would be honoured over … I would doubt very much if an American warranty would be honoured over here.

That sucks the savings would be great...oh well

cbryanp;6075969

That sucks the savings would be great...oh well

Ask to look at the warranty card, as a lot of warranties are international now, i.e you can claim on them anywhere in the world, not just the country that you bought it from. The details will be on the warranty card inside the box.

As an example, my laptop and TV have international warranties.

Banned

you can purchase a vaio international warranty mate off ebay, amazon etc you add it to your account when you register the vaio

Original Poster

spic;6076171

Ask to look at the warranty card, as a lot of warranties are … Ask to look at the warranty card, as a lot of warranties are international now, i.e you can claim on them anywhere in the world, not just the country that you bought it from. The details will be on the warranty card inside the box.As an example, my laptop and TV have international warranties.

casparwhite;6076176

you can purchase a vaio international warranty mate off ebay, amazon etc … you can purchase a vaio international warranty mate off ebay, amazon etc you add it to your account when you register the vaio

Great thanks repped!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769567
    2. Did you know?3054
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247660
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710987

See more discussions