Expired

Sony vaio windows 8 restore to factory settings

Found 26th Mar 2013
Hi, I'm returning my laptop tomorrow because of a fault and would like to know of ways to factory reset it. I have tried the f10 method when the laptop is booting up but it does not seem to work.
Any suggestions on what to do???
Community Updates
AskSonyWindowsWindows 8
12 Comments
can't you just type reset on the start page and it brings up options?
windows.microsoft.com/en-…-pc

To reset your PC

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, then click Change PC settings.)

Under PC settings, tap or click General.

Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.

Follow the instructions on the screen.
Edited by: "mds1256" 26th Mar 2013
Unfortunately that doesn't work
I have to say I have not yet had to restore a W8 machine as of yet in my repairs however being a Sony, I'm going to assume it's a F8 reset.
Restart computer, just before the windows 8 starting logo starts (straight after the BIOS boot or maybe in your case, the Sony logo), hit F8 and keep hitting it until you get a menu
Once you do, hopefully there will be an option at the top usually to "repair my computer"

USUALLY that's a factory image you can restore from
Actually ignore me, it seems they may have removed the F8 option in W8
[quote=mds1256]windows.microsoft.com/en-…-pc

To reset your PC

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, then click Change PC settings.)

Under PC settings, tap or click General.

Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.

Follow the instructions on the screen.
[/quote

Cool thanks for the suggestions, your method has worked now thanks
Cool found it now thanks all
Mark this as answered then!
Don't know how
lol

Thanks! Worked like a charm!

mds1256

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pcTo … http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pcTo reset your PCSwipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, then tap Change PC settings.(If you're using a mouse, point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, then click Change PC settings.)Under PC settings, tap or click General.Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.Follow the instructions on the screen.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions