Sony WH-1000XM3 noise cancelling wireless bluetooth over-ear headphones in black for £194.99, price matched by Currys to London Tech Shop

Posted 1st Feb
Hello everyone,

I sincerely hope you’re all well, and in good health too hopefully.

I’m sorry I’m not an expert at submitting deals on here, but I just wanted to let anyone interested know that Currys price matched these headphones to London Tech Shop, after I spoke to them on 0344 561 0000.

I spoke to Currys on Thursday evening on the above number, after pressing option 4, 4 again and then option 2.

I got through to a very kind gentleman named AJ, who confirmed that Currys will be able to price match these headphones to an online store called London Tech Shop (I’m sorry I’m not too familiar with the London Tech Shop myself).

AJ also said that if I went into store in Currys, it would be able to be priced matched in store as well.

However, when I went into the Manchester Arndale Centre store of Currys, I was refused a price match unfortunately by the store manager at the time.

Therefore, I called back through on 0344 561 0000, and spoke to another very helpful gentleman named Reese/Reece (I’m sorry I’m not sure how he spells it), and he also confirmed that they would be able to price match these headphones with London Tech Shop for £194.99.

If it helps, the link to the headphones on London Tech Shop is:

londontechshop.com/sony-wh-1000xm3-wireless-noise-canceling-over-ear-headphones-black.html

I shall upload proof of the price match shortly, if that’s okay please. I’m sorry I’m not exactly sure how to submit an image of the receipt showing £194.99, but I will find out now and post it shortly. I really appreciate your patience a lot.

If it helps, the headphones were purchased online on Currys first for the full price of £269, and I have received confirmation of a refund from Currys for £74.01 earlier today.

I can appreciate that there have been plenty of deals listed here for these particular headphones lately, and that they have been a similar price to £194.99 from other respective online retailers like Hash Tech Guy (£202.90 currently) and Teco Buy UK (£191.99 currently), but I’m sorry I wasn’t sure if Currys would price match those retailers respectively.

I can also completely appreciate that this may be a bit of a hit and miss deal for some members, in respect to if Currys do price match it successfully in store or over the phone, but I just wanted to make everyone aware of it regardless please.

Thankfully, I had more success over the phone with Currys, rather than in store with the manager in the Manchester Arndale Centre branch.

I sincerely hope that this deal helps someone.

Thank you so much, everyone.

Take care of yourselves.

3399400.jpg

3399400.jpg

3399400.jpg
Community Updates
ADMIN
Top features:

- Noise-cancelling blocks out distracting sounds, letting you concentrate

- High-resolution audio playback offers clarity in every beat

- Huge battery life means you'll never worry about needing to charge

- Personalise your listening experience via the Sony Headphone Connnect app

Noise cancelling

Whether you want to relax on the noisy journey home from work, or unwind with your favourite albums after a long week, you'll love using the Sony WH-1000XM3 Wireless Bluetooth Noise-Cancelling Headphones.

Thanks to a brand new QN1 processor, the Sony WH-1000XM3 Headphones can pick up on a greater range of frequencies to activate noise-cancelling. That mean that even in crowded spaces, you'll feel as if you could hear a pin drop – the perfect atmosphere to soak up every element of the music.

High-resolution audio playback

The Sony 1000XM3Headphones let you hear those mp3 tunes like you've never heard them before. While mp3 compresses the original audio file, compromising quality, Sony's innovative DSEE HX technology upscales your files, so you can hear every glorious element of the mix, just as the artist intended.

Sony's LDAC audio coding technology transfers three times more data than standard Bluetooth audio, making everything from the vocals to the percussion sound crisp, punchy, and clear. And even when you're not using your headphones wirelessly, the handy detachable cable will also play high-resolution audio, giving you consistent quality.

Huge battery life

You'll never need to make a sudden dash for a power source to hear that album from beginning to end. Sony WH 1000XM3Headphones feature an internal battery that'll give you a massive 30 hours of playback time on a single charge.

When you do find yourself running low on juice in a hurry, just 10 minutes charging will give you 5 hours battery life – long enough to get you through most of the working day.

Personalise your listening experience

Take your audio experience one step further with the Sony Headphone Connect app. Available for both Android and iOS, the app offers access to a range of features including Adaptive Sound Control, optimising settings based on your listening behaviour and environment. Tweak the EQ via the app to strike the perfect balance between crisp highs and roaring lows.

With touch controls on the earcup, you won't ever need to remove your WH1000XM3 Headphones to adjust volume or accept an incoming call. And with Google Assistant and Siri built in, you'll get instant access to all the answers you need, right from your headphones.

Groups

Top comments
Such a friendly description!
Agreed, so polite. I have these and they are excellent. Just a word of advice though, They tend to slip forward quite easily when wearing them as they don’t have much grip due to their fit being really comfortable. The slightest head movement downwards caused mine to fall off, hit the road and get scratched to buggery. Still, excellent headphones, just be careful!
Heat for the effort, and manners. Well done OP, perseverance is key...

(I'll end up getting these too, as folks fight so hard to get them)
Edited by: "xavierluther" 1st Feb
Very good price. Great headphones. And great post OP!
Edited by: "bouttime2" 1st Feb
137 Comments
Such a friendly description!
Very good price. Great headphones. And great post OP!
Edited by: "bouttime2" 1st Feb
Agreed, so polite. I have these and they are excellent. Just a word of advice though, They tend to slip forward quite easily when wearing them as they don’t have much grip due to their fit being really comfortable. The slightest head movement downwards caused mine to fall off, hit the road and get scratched to buggery. Still, excellent headphones, just be careful!
Heat for the effort, and manners. Well done OP, perseverance is key...

(I'll end up getting these too, as folks fight so hard to get them)
Edited by: "xavierluther" 1st Feb
Why not just buy from the other supplier?
Nicely done, heat for your effort
Laat time i asked 2 stores and both said that for them to price match it it has to be sold in a physical store, not online. It has to be argos debenhams john lewis etc etc
toonarmani01/02/2020 19:26

Why not just buy from the other supplier?

Cause currys is better, warranty and also 6 months spotify premium included wich is already £60
Heat for the incredibly courteous description! I'm wearing these headphones as I type, they are a phenomenal buy and well worth them money if anyone is on the fence. Super comfy, noise cancellation is incredible, sound is great, battery life is great - just zero complaints.
KevinHidalgo01/02/2020 19:33

Laat time i asked 2 stores and both said that for them to price match it …Laat time i asked 2 stores and both said that for them to price match it it has to be sold in a physical store, not online. It has to be argos debenhams john lewis etc etc

Did you try calling them like OP advised?
Surprised they'd match such a dubious website, domain was registered in Panama - December 2019
Edited by: "MBeeching" 1st Feb
Definatly works bought mine early Jan using price match with london tech shop
MBeeching01/02/2020 20:16

Surprised they'd match such a dubious website, domain was registered in …Surprised they'd match such a dubious website, domain was registered in Panama - December 2019

They probably saw the London in the website name and assumed it was legit
MBeeching01/02/2020 20:16

Surprised they'd match such a dubious website, domain was registered in …Surprised they'd match such a dubious website, domain was registered in Panama - December 2019

It might be registered in Panama but this is definitely a Chinese outfit. I am really shocked it was price matched. On other hand, Curry’s was selling them recently at £199.00 at the airports.
esskay9201/02/2020 19:54

Did you try calling them like OP advised?

No, cause i assume currys pc is a decent company, so if they reject price matching i would imagine they do so online and in store, looks like they are not so decent
Nice. I think you essentially just got them for a grey import price .
KevinHidalgo01/02/2020 23:06

No, cause i assume currys pc is a decent company, so if they reject price …No, cause i assume currys pc is a decent company, so if they reject price matching i would imagine they do so online and in store, looks like they are not so decent

Currys in store is like a third world outlet trying to scam you into buying overpriced memory cards and unwanted insurance. Online they are fine, in store though... I can only assume they're on commision.
Surprised Currys are matching such a dodgy website. Looks like the store manager is more clued up than the online support staff
I've been using these almost daily for over a year now and I wouldn't trade them for anything else - Fantastic noise cancelling, sound quality, battery life and I can comfortably wear them 8+ hours.

A word of advice if you're using them with Android and you feel confident enough in your techy skills is to root your phone and install ViperFX, it'll make a world of difference in audio quality.
Edited by: "Avocado_KitKat" 2nd Feb
I have tried to get Currys to price match Londontech instore and over the phone to no avail. I think you got lucky, well done op!!!
The staff in the Arndale store are always either generally useless, or just rude.
Great find OP and good price for these. I have them and am really happy with them.
The Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones are the very best wireless pair ‘Which?’ever reviewed.
its great price !!

And One of the review on YouTube
youtu.be/vIL…xSc
Edited by: "mute777" 2nd Feb
Belfast Forestside will NOT price match. Waste of time!
Don’t usually buy Sony but these are astonishingly good. I tried Bowers and Wilkins PX7s and they were nothing like as good as these. Very musical, great noise cancelling and they have a superb app with a genuinely useful equaliser so you can get the sound just how you like it. Oh, and the battery lasts for ever!
Heat just for you wishing everyone good health
Does music sound better with aux wire in with noise cancelling on as well
sup_aa02/02/2020 10:22

Does music sound better with aux wire in with noise cancelling on as well

I don't think you can use any of the noise cancelling features with the cable connected as the headphones work in a standard passive mode with the cable in (they work like standard headphones). Turning the power on and using Bluetooth will also enable the active noise cancelling. That's how it is with my Sony's anyway.
Paul_Hayward02/02/2020 10:27

I don't think you can use any of the noise cancelling features with the …I don't think you can use any of the noise cancelling features with the cable connected as the headphones work in a standard passive mode with the cable in (they work like standard headphones). Turning the power on and using Bluetooth will also enable the active noise cancelling. That's how it is with my Sony's anyway.

Damn is that definite? I have cheap JBL ones that allow NC via its battery but aux works at the same time saving battery
I got refused a match with London Tech Shop at Currys on Oxford St a few weeks ago but they would match Hash Tech Guy for a similar price
deleted1326916
These are incredible. I've upgraded from Sennheiser Momentum (couple of years old now) and there's no comparison.
Great headphones. I've a pair of the previous model. Almost the same. Word of warning to folk:

The band is big, not sure how people with small heads cope. I have a big head and keep them on smallest setting, can't imagine these being good for anyone with even an average head.
Noise cancelling isn't all its cracked up to be, kinda dissapointing overall. It's a really good feature and I like it and make good use of it on trains etc but the fact is if you think you're going to be completely amazed you are not and it's not magic. On a train for example you'll still hear voices and that, it's just a bit quieter than it would be without it. The ambient sound setting is rank and not worth using.

Now they are really good headphones. People who say the noise cancelling is great are making a relative comparison and know what they mean but to the uninitiated it's better to say that noise cancelling in general is a little bit of a let down if you expect magic.

The sound quality is great. Ear cans could do with being a bit bigger. The app is useful but you know you'd expect that it just more or less meets expectations the person above that says genuinely useful is the type to be impressed when an app does what it says it will do like let you change the equaliser settings instead of being rubbish and fake and not functioning properly.

Extreme audiophiles will find issues with them but sound quality is actually really good. What isn't is how when walking you can hear thump thump of your footsteps as they bump around your head so not good for out walking about and the plastic creeks a little too which you can hear and is a weird non premium feeling and quite a let down.

Excellent head phones. Be realistic and you'll like them, expect to be amazed and you'll be let down.
Edited by: "Schwifty" 2nd Feb
Op I hope you prosper on everything you do thanks not buying but you're cool
And for lots of use cases of headphones you'll find much much better.
People saying these headphones are not as great as they're cracked up to me, what other wireless noise cancelling headphones would you recommend?
I just got them price matched in store, thanks for the tip. The site has an address based in Salford I think so try pointing out that to them if they quibble.
My local Curry’s refuses to price match with this London tech site :/
sup_aa02/02/2020 10:29

Damn is that definite? I have cheap JBL ones that allow NC via its battery …Damn is that definite? I have cheap JBL ones that allow NC via its battery but aux works at the same time saving battery

Well blow me, just checked the manual and apparently the NC can be used when wired! You learn every day haha. I'm gonna try this with mine later lol.
Mega_egg01/02/2020 18:51

Agreed, so polite. I have these and they are excellent. Just a word of …Agreed, so polite. I have these and they are excellent. Just a word of advice though, They tend to slip forward quite easily when wearing them as they don’t have much grip due to their fit being really comfortable. The slightest head movement downwards caused mine to fall off, hit the road and get scratched to buggery. Still, excellent headphones, just be careful!

I dropped mine twice as well, started wearing them slightly tilted back from the top and they’ve not dropped off since. Even wear them while I’m on the treadmill!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants