Sony Xperia 1 II on Sky Mobile?

Posted 25th Jul
Anyone enquired with sky recently or are aware when Sky may be getting the Xperia 1 II on their network? Been eyeing up the phone for a while but I find Sky to normally have good deals on their phones so I've been holding out
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

24 Comments
Why don't you buy a Xperia 1 II unlocked? Why does it have to be on Sky mobile (o2)?
I_Wish25/07/2020 20:01

Why don't you buy a Xperia 1 II unlocked? Why does it have to be on Sky …Why don't you buy a Xperia 1 II unlocked? Why does it have to be on Sky mobile (o2)?

Not everyone has the money to pay for a ~£1000 phone in one go and they’ve said why - “normally have good deals”
one_eight_seven25/07/2020 21:10

Not everyone has the money to pay for a ~£1000 phone in one go and they’ve …Not everyone has the money to pay for a ~£1000 phone in one go and they’ve said why - “normally have good deals”

Or wait until the phone is 6+ months old and buy one for cheaper? Sorry I'm not big fan of contract phones.
I_Wish25/07/2020 21:21

Or wait until the phone is 6+ months old and buy one for cheaper? Sorry …Or wait until the phone is 6+ months old and buy one for cheaper? Sorry I'm not big fan of contract phones.

I don’t tell people how to spend their money.
one_eight_seven25/07/2020 21:43

I don’t tell people how to spend their money.

I'm not telling anyone how to spend their money. Everything I wrote ends with a question mark. Even if I was this is the 'Ask' section where people ask for advice. What if someone is paying over the odds for something? You can't tell them not to spend less? because ''I don’t tell people how to spend their money''.
Edited by: "I_Wish" 26th Jul
Decided against it anyway, upon double checking the specs it's only 60Hz refresh rate, I thought with it being a flagship 4k phone it would have been at least 90 or 120Hz

Back to drawing board for a new phone lol.
I_Wish26/07/2020 12:50

I'm not telling anyone how to spend their money. Everything I wrote ends …I'm not telling anyone how to spend their money. Everything I wrote ends with a question mark. Even if I was this is the 'Ask' section where people ask for advice. What if someone is paying over the odds for something? You can't tell them not to spend less? because ''I don’t tell people how to spend their money''.

They asked about a particular phone on a particular network as they were likely looking to buy it on contract (Sky Mobile don’t sell outright) as they said “they have good deals” and you asked them “why don’t you buy a Xperia 1 II unlocked?”, that’s telling them how to spend their money.

If people are paying over the odds it’s because it’s their money and it might suit their circumstances the best so even if they could get it cheaper by buying it outright, I don’t tell people how to spent their money.

Had they asked for the cheapest place to buy this particular phone then asking “why don’t you buy a Xperia 1 II unlocked?” might have been useful info to them.
one_eight_seven26/07/2020 14:50

They asked about a particular phone on a particular network as they were …They asked about a particular phone on a particular network as they were likely looking to buy it on contract (Sky Mobile don’t sell outright) as they said “they have good deals” and you asked them “why don’t you buy a Xperia 1 II unlocked?”, that’s telling them how to spend their money.If people are paying over the odds it’s because it’s their money and it might suit their circumstances the best so even if they could get it cheaper by buying it outright, I don’t tell people how to spent their money. Had they asked for the cheapest place to buy this particular phone then asking “why don’t you buy a Xperia 1 II unlocked?” might have been useful info to them.

No, again you've missed the question mark on all my comments.

Why don't you buy a Xperia 1 II unlocked? is not the same as Why don't you buy a Xperia 1 II unlocked

Or wait until the phone is 6+ months old and buy one for cheaper? is not the same as Or wait until the phone is 6+ months old and buy one for cheaper.

The ? is asking why. For example I asked Why does it have to be on Sky mobile (o2)? I on purpose put a ? on all my comments.
To answer the questions

I occasionally do buy handsets sim free if they are at a price point i like. Eg I got a Mi 8 Pro Explorer edition on release week for under £350, that was a bargain. A flagship sony phone at over £1000+ is not a bargain

In this case I was not prepared to shell out over £1000+ on the handset in one go, but since I am currently with Sky mobile and have over 140gb in my piggy bank to trade in, I was hoping to get the phone through them on monthly contract at hopefully a reduced rate which I don't mind paying

But like I said, I've just checked the specs again and I was mistaken about it being a 90Hz or 120Hz panel, I was under the impression the refresh wasn't just a plain 60Hz panel again
I_Wish26/07/2020 15:08

No, again you've missed the question mark on all my comments. Why don't …No, again you've missed the question mark on all my comments. Why don't you buy a Xperia 1 II unlocked? is not the same as Why don't you buy a Xperia 1 II unlockedOr wait until the phone is 6+ months old and buy one for cheaper? is not the same as Or wait until the phone is 6+ months old and buy one for cheaper.The ? is asking why. For example I asked Why does it have to be on Sky mobile (o2)? I on purpose put a ? on all my comments.

I missed nothing from your comments and this comment has done nothing to further this discussion.
one_eight_seven26/07/2020 15:18

I missed nothing from your comments and this comment has done nothing to …I missed nothing from your comments and this comment has done nothing to further this discussion.

Your understanding of English is poor.
I_Wish26/07/2020 15:36

Your understanding of English is poor.

Your understanding of what was asked in the OP is poorer.
one_eight_seven26/07/2020 15:56

Your understanding of what was asked in the OP is poorer.

If you understood English better, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
I_Wish26/07/2020 15:58

If you understood English better, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

If you understood what was asked in the OP, your original comment would have been relevant and we wouldn’t have had this discussion.
one_eight_seven26/07/2020 16:02

If you understood what was asked in the OP, your original comment would …If you understood what was asked in the OP, your original comment would have been relevant and we wouldn’t have had this discussion.

You don't understand how this Ask section works do you If someone post up a thread asking about i.e £500 PC and list up the parts. Someone says ''why don't you spend i.e £550 on this.....'' and suggest something else. Are you going on that thread and post ''I don’t tell people how to spend their money''
I_Wish26/07/2020 16:09

You don't understand how this Ask section works do you If someone …You don't understand how this Ask section works do you If someone post up a thread asking about i.e £500 PC and list up the parts. Someone says ''why don't you spend i.e £550 on this.....'' and suggest something else. Are you going on that thread and post ''I don’t tell people how to spend their money''

They asked about a particular phone on a particular network for a reason. How are you not understanding that?

If they asked about the cheapest place to buy that particular phone then your original comment would have been useful info to them.
one_eight_seven26/07/2020 16:15

They asked about a particular phone on a particular network for a reason. …They asked about a particular phone on a particular network for a reason. How are you not understanding that?If they asked about the cheapest place to buy that particular phone then your original comment would have been useful info to them.

You're missing the point because of your poor English. I started each sentence with a 'Why' and end it with '?' Do you understand that? If you don't then that's on you. You're even saying you cannot even suggest to people on here.
I_Wish26/07/2020 16:20

You're missing the point because of your poor English. I started each …You're missing the point because of your poor English. I started each sentence with a 'Why' and end it with '?' Do you understand that? If you don't then that's on you. You're even saying you cannot even suggest to people on here.

Why ask them “why don’t you buy a Xperia 1 II unlocked?” (Should have been “Why don’t you buy an unlocked Xperia 1 II but your English is poor so it’s understandable) when they asked about a phone on a network that only sells phones on contract?

Most people would have asked if they were looking to buy on contract only and only from the specified provider.
one_eight_seven26/07/2020 16:28

Why ask them “why don’t you buy a Xperia 1 II unlocked?” (Should have been …Why ask them “why don’t you buy a Xperia 1 II unlocked?” (Should have been “Why don’t you buy an unlocked Xperia 1 II but your English is poor so it’s understandable) when they asked about a phone on a network that only sells phones on contract?Most people would have asked if they were looking to buy on contract only and only from the specified provider.

Bottom line is no one telling anyone to buy anything. ''I don’t tell people how to spend their money'' is totally unnecessary because of your poor understanding of English. You're saying you can't suggest to other people in this 'Ask' section, which you now know sounds silly/stupid.
I_Wish26/07/2020 16:34

Bottom line is no one telling anyone to buy anything. ''I don’t tell p …Bottom line is no one telling anyone to buy anything. ''I don’t tell people how to spend their money'' is totally unnecessary because of your poor understanding of English. You're saying you can't suggest to other people in this 'Ask' section, which you now know sounds silly/stupid.

The bottom line is you suggested they buy it in ONE go whereas they were looking to buy it MONTHLY. If your understanding of English wasn’t poor you would have understood what was being asked and not told them how to spend their money. End of.
one_eight_seven26/07/2020 16:43

The bottom line is you suggested they buy it in ONE go whereas they were …The bottom line is you suggested they buy it in ONE go whereas they were looking to buy it MONTHLY. If your understanding of English wasn’t poor you would have understood what was being asked and not told them how to spend their money. End of.

''The bottom line is you suggested they buy it in ONE go'' this isn't the same as telling someone. Game over kid
I_Wish26/07/2020 16:56

''The bottom line is you suggested they buy it in ONE go'' this isn't the …''The bottom line is you suggested they buy it in ONE go'' this isn't the same as telling someone. Game over kid

OP: I’m looking to buy this phone at this retailer.

You: why don’t you buy it unlocked.

How is that in anyway helpful to OP?

Game over old man
one_eight_seven26/07/2020 19:32

OP: I’m looking to buy this phone at this retailer.You: why don’t you buy i …OP: I’m looking to buy this phone at this retailer.You: why don’t you buy it unlocked.How is that in anyway helpful to OP?Game over old man

I own you. Never forget that.
I_Wish26/07/2020 20:13

I own you. Never forget that.

Own me?!? You got schooled by a kid.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants