Groups

sooooo mad with sky digital

my partner upgraded his sky account at christmas to have sky movies (sky is in his name) anyway we found out today that they had taken over my calls from bt (bt is in my name) without my permission no letter to say they were doing it. the statement we got in january had no mention of sky talk so phoned bt this morning and they told me they took over the calls in december :O how can they do this if the sky is in my partners name and bt is my name? i now have a massive call bill as sky only give you free calls evening and weekend, my bt gives me free calls all day as this is when i tend to use the phone most through the day.....im so mad do you think i could complain and refuse to pay???

26 Comments

Refuse to pay you sure your partner didn't accept changes by mistake? They can take over, but BT shouldn't be charging you as they would need to be informed.

Definately complain, if they have no proof that you signed up to this they can't take the money from you, its against the law for this to happen. The conversations should be recorded so ask for a copy

Banned

There is no way this would, or could have happened without you agreeing to it. However, as it would be a new contract, you should have received written confirmation.

Also, I haven't heard anyone call it "Sky Digital" since the 90s.

Original Poster

vibeone;7855713

There is no way this would, or could have happened without you agreeing … There is no way this would, or could have happened without you agreeing to it. However, as it would be a new contract, you should have received written confirmation.Also, I haven't heard anyone call it "Sky Digital" since the 90s.

i have the written confirmation and it doesnt mention anything about sky talk

clearly your partner agreed they dont JUST start taking over your phone line

Original Poster

jamstaruk1972;7855769

clearly your partner agreed they dont JUST start taking over your phone … clearly your partner agreed they dont JUST start taking over your phone line

i swear he never, i have the comfirmation letter sat right in front of me and it doesnt mention anything about calls it says
    confirming your sky package
    your new sky tv package will be sky world and will be active from 22/12/2009

then mentions about my payments and vat changes planned for january 2010

jamstaruk1972;7855769

clearly your partner agreed they dont JUST start taking over your phone … clearly your partner agreed they dont JUST start taking over your phone line

Yes they do actually

Same happened to us around 6 yrs ago when sky talk first came out, they billed us for phone calls although we had no sign up, no letters etc just sent us a bill for over £100 one month while we were already paying bt and bt comfirmed that the line HADNT been taken over by sky at all and we were still Bt customers.

We asked sky to prove were we agreed to sky talk, who our phone calls were to and how long for e.t.c But apprently they "lost" the recordings of the phone call, couldnt give us any proof so told them to poke it up their bums

If they cant prove anything you wont have to pay. Ask for recordings, also any phone calls make sure you take their name and number etc so wish we did it in the first place

jadey145;7855817

i swear he never, i have the comfirmation letter sat right in front of me … i swear he never, i have the comfirmation letter sat right in front of me and it doesnt mention anything about calls it saysconfirming your sky packageyour new sky tv package will be sky world and will be active from 22/12/2009then mentions about my payments and vat changes planned for january 2010

So what do you think you were meant to be getting overall. As sky world can equate to anything?

Original Poster

Adam2050;7855847

So what do you think you were meant to be getting overall. As sky world … So what do you think you were meant to be getting overall. As sky world can equate to anything?

all the channels, sky talk is different from sky world

Banned

On taking out certain packages especially the heavily discounted ones you have to agree to have your line rental billed by sky, whether they send you confirmation of this is a different matter.

Should just be a phone call to have BT bill you for the line rental but you'll lose any discount you have on your Sky package. It's £5 extra a month if you want free unlimited calls with Sky talk.

Complain through proper channels. From what you've said its a clear complaint. If you want any advice about complaining let me know, i work dealing with complaints against Sky Talk/Broadband (but not TV).

Sky World package is the ultimate in digital home entertainment, featuring Sky TV, Sky Movies and Sky Sports in addition to a Sky HD Pack and Sky Broadband and [COLOR="Red"]telephone services[/COLOR]

Banned

I hate sky, they have done alsorts to us. My bf closed his account with them and i set one up as a new customer with free broadband. They have never set my broadband up and are instead charging my bf £10 pm for it. Ive called them time and time again and they always promise they'll fix it but never do.

Id just cancel your direct debit and say prove it but this may leave you open to an attack on your credit rating so be careful.

jadey145;7855871

all the channels, sky talk is different from sky world

jamstaruk1972;7855966

Sky World package is the ultimate in digital home entertainment, … Sky World package is the ultimate in digital home entertainment, featuring Sky TV, Sky Movies and Sky Sports in addition to a Sky HD Pack and Sky Broadband and [COLOR="Red"]telephone services[/COLOR]

That's what I believed it to be as well as Jamstaruk1972 has put.

Original Poster

Adam2050;7855999

That's what I believed it to be as well as Jamstaruk1972 has put.

so if this is true why havent i got sky broadband?? also why havent they mentioned anything about sky talk??

I was with tiscali for phone and broadband.
    I gave 30 days notice and got mac code.
    I changed broadband only to find they would not let go of phone line aghhhhh.
    After a few call and banging my head against the wall i rang BT to complain
    within 5 mins bt had my line back with them and all was happy lol.
    Call bt tell them SKY have taken your line and you want it back as you did not wan them to take it and have not signed or talked to them.
    Well you havent have you.

jadey145;7856030

so if this is true why havent i got sky broadband?? also why havent they … so if this is true why havent i got sky broadband?? also why havent they mentioned anything about sky talk??

Don't ask me, you need to phone BT and phone SKY sharpish and find out, we have established you have grounds to complain, you just got to prove now that they are taking the piddle.

Phone BT first and find out there believed situation. As you say your still getting BB through them.:)

Original Poster

davidn84;7855945

Complain through proper channels. From what you've said its a clear … Complain through proper channels. From what you've said its a clear complaint. If you want any advice about complaining let me know, i work dealing with complaints against Sky Talk/Broadband (but not TV).

yes please any help would be greatly appreciated, i cant phone until my partner finishes work at 4 as iv just phoned and they said i cant talk to them until my partner has given them a password

Original Poster

bigwheels;7856036

I was with tiscali for phone and broadband.I gave 30 days notice and got … I was with tiscali for phone and broadband.I gave 30 days notice and got mac code.I changed broadband only to find they would not let go of phone line aghhhhh.After a few call and banging my head against the wall i rang BT to complain within 5 mins bt had my line back with them and all was happy lol.Call bt tell them SKY have taken your line and you want it back as you did not wan them to take it and have not signed or talked to them.Well you havent have you.

iv phoned bt and they said it would take 2 weeks to get my calls back with them, they said sky had no right to take my calls as im not the sky account holder

Original Poster

Adam2050;7856042

Don't ask me, you need to phone BT and phone SKY sharpish and find out, … Don't ask me, you need to phone BT and phone SKY sharpish and find out, we have established you have grounds to complain, you just got to prove now that they are taking the piddle.Phone BT first and find out there believed situation. As you say your still getting BB through them.:)

iv phone bt and getting my calls back in 2 weeks, sky wont let me talk to them until my partner give permission so have to wait for him finishing work at 4

vibeone;7855713

There is no way this would, or could have happened without you agreeing … There is no way this would, or could have happened without you agreeing to it. However, as it would be a new contract, you should have received written confirmation.Also, I haven't heard anyone call it "Sky Digital" since the 90s.

Whats with the sarcy comments today?

Banned

nwressell;7856099

he's a sarcy boy, you can press the report button http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/images/custom_buttons/report.gif to the left of his post if he has offended you

jadey145;7856088

iv phone bt and getting my calls back in 2 weeks, sky wont let me talk to … iv phone bt and getting my calls back in 2 weeks, sky wont let me talk to them until my partner give permission so have to wait for him finishing work at 4

So sky have taken it over then, that's what they are confirming there. Might end up just having a small bill somewhere if they prove your partner wrong.

Why don't you phone your partner for the password?

nwressell;7856099

lumoruk;7856109

he's a sarcy boy

Hey what do you mean today he is always like that.

I expect a sarcy comment back if he's about if not he is in far to good a mood for my liking.:whistling:

dcx_badass;7856131

Tell … Tell Ofcom:http://www.out-law.com/page-5527http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/business/4441231.stm

Ofcom wont do a lot...they'll log it, give a reference number and refer them to Otelo as its individual complaint.

Original Poster

Adam2050;7856111

So sky have taken it over then, that's what they are confirming there. … So sky have taken it over then, that's what they are confirming there. Might end up just having a small bill somewhere if they prove your partner wrong.Why don't you phone your partner for the password?

he has to phone sky to get a password then i can phone with the password, he cant phone right now as hes concrete has just arrived and wont have time
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions