Sorry help setting up new laptop - error with wireless adaptor and no internet

Posted 25th Jan
Hi guys , i bought a Dell inspiron from Amazon with Windows 10. I have an error "The intel (R) wireless -AC 9560 adapter is experiencing driver or hardware- related problems" and i have no internet. Network properties say its disconnected. Status not operational. I tried trouble shooter and get the not fixed result. Under device manager it has a yellow triangle and Error code 43. I uninstalled the driver as could not update as no internet, scanned for hardware and re installed the wireless adapter. The networks show up and i try to connect and then it doesn't connect, says verifying and then they all disappeared and i have the same fault ? Not sure what else to try ? many thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

21 Comments
What is the ISP router your trying to connect to?
I’d send it back, if you just bought it there’s no point trying to fix problems yourself.
dazza7925/01/2020 18:37

What is the ISP router your trying to connect to?

just a regular bt hub, its a bout 10 feet away?
If it was me I would attach an Ethernet cable to the router from your laptop. Run the Dell Diagnostic for Wi-fi issues and then see if that fixes the problem.

Computers run into issues all the time and sometimes your have to troubleshoot. The error code is a driver issue halt from Microsoft. Why ? Shrugs.

Just make sure you have all the latest Microsoft updates and driver specific updates.
Have you tried an ethernet cable?

Edit- as above from dazza79
Edited by: "Timbonagasaki" 25th Jan
typically it doesn't have an Ethernet port, i would have been a lot easier i know
What model is it? Can you plug in your mobile phone and tether a connection ?
els25/01/2020 18:59

typically it doesn't have an Ethernet port, i would have been a lot easier …typically it doesn't have an Ethernet port, i would have been a lot easier i know

If you are willing to spend a wee bit you can get this

AmazonBasics USB 2.0 to 10/100 Ethernet LAN Network Adapter amazon.co.uk/dp/…ZRX

It is an adaptor for connecting Ethernet via usb. I got a slightly more expensive one from currys and it does the job
oh cool thanks
dazza7925/01/2020 19:03

What model is it? Can you plug in your mobile phone and tether a …What model is it? Can you plug in your mobile phone and tether a connection ?

great idea thanks
Type your laptops model name into google or dells site then look for dell drivers, find the wifi driver that you have, download and install it.

google.com/sea…560
the second result gives a driver page when looking for your wifi card, still I would try to find your laptop models driver page on dells website and get the driver there.
Edited by: "Zek" 25th Jan
You could try physically reinserting the wi-fi card, but otherwise I'd send it back as it's simply broken.
Create a hotspot on your phone, and try that, if that doesn't work, factory reset it and return as faulty
yeah may do that or will try and connect to the internet somehow, or even for repair
Restart the machine, its obviously reinstaleld the driver again. alternitavely download fresh AC9650 drivers to your phone and transfer them via bluetooth to laptop.
ooh cool
I'm getting the feeling we're missing something, you've bought a brand new computer, and you seem not too bothered that it's got a fault, this kind of fault should simply not happen and it's unacceptable, is this some sort of refurbished older laptop?
esar25/01/2020 23:14

I'm getting the feeling we're missing something, you've bought a brand new …I'm getting the feeling we're missing something, you've bought a brand new computer, and you seem not too bothered that it's got a fault, this kind of fault should simply not happen and it's unacceptable, is this some sort of refurbished older laptop?

Is was a damaged box warehouse deal on amazon, but brand new, the warranty at dell is 11 months, so i have a warranty and can get my money back, but although it was only 13 pounds off, i did get 20% off as part of their promotion, hence it would be more advantageous to get it fixed via amazon in 14 days, but if i can fix the wifi issue myself them its a lot of hassle saved. I dod by a usb to ethenet connector so hopefully if if follow the advice above i'll be ok. Whilst the set up was easy past reviews said it was a nightmare so perhaps a known issue, thanks
deleted2100705
Sounds like you need the diagnostic disc or pop over to an internet cafe with a usb and try downloading the latest driver onto it,as it seem you dont have the latest driver installed for the wifi adapter and no internet
ok loaded driver and now says connected secured, but internet page says not connected , help fix problem and i get the propertie s conncted
Reset the browser
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants