Groups

Sorry to be thick, but.............

What does 'Bump' mean as a standalone comment in the items in the 'For Sale' section?

15 Comments

In the for sale / trade section there are alot of items and if there is no interest then they can quickly fall down the page. As such the poster is allowed to "bump" their thread to the top of the first page a maximum of three times, hence bump 1, bump 2 etc.
    If you do list in the FS/FT section then you cannot go over three bumps or the thread will be locked, if you delete bumps in an attempt to gain more then the mods will know.

u bump ur thread to get it closer to the top again....in the discussed tab.

Better explained there^^^^^^^ lol
    Edited by: "hannah19790" 15th Oct 2010

Bring up my post.

Original Poster

dh058977

In the for sale / trade section there are alot of items and if there is … In the for sale / trade section there are alot of items and if there is no interest then they can quickly fall down the page. As such the poster is allowed to "bump" their thread to the top of the first page a maximum of three times, hence bump 1, bump 2 etc.If you do list in the FS/FT section then you cannot go over three bumps or the thread will be locked, if you delete bumps in an attempt to gain more then the mods will know.

Ah! Nice one. Thanks very much for the explanation.

apology for being thick accepted

Just PM ascottishbloke any questions regarding this site.

Original Poster

hannah19790

u bump ur thread to get it closer to the top again....in the discussed … u bump ur thread to get it closer to the top again....in the discussed tab.Better explained there^^^^^^^ lol

Thanks a lot.

supermod

It's a post that's not related directly to the sales/trade negotiation of the listed item or a post that's occurred due to an omission by the OP eg 'still available' or 'price dropped', or multiple requests for pics with the OP stating that they will post them but don't or missing asking prices etc.

If the post relates to the actual negotiation it's not counted as a thread bump though.

Excessive bumps are unfair as they promote that members listing to the detriment of other members listings.

Edited by: "sigma" 15th Oct 2010

Original Poster

freeDUMB

Bring up my post.

Nice easy way (I need it!) of remembering it. Thanks.

Original Poster

cw9652

Will do! Ta.

Banned

JohnR5319

Nice easy way (I need it!) of remembering it. Thanks.

not bad at this bump malarky are ya (_;)

JohnR5319

Will do! Ta.

Please do. He actually loves member contact.

supermod

cw9652

cw9652

Behave you.

JohnR5319 - if you need to check something then use the report link on the relevant thread rather than PMing individual MODs, thanks

cw9652

cw9652

I'm joking. But when you get a MOD PM other then a telling off, it does make you feel special.

Original Poster

cw9652

cw9652

Ok - will do. Thanks Folks - all of you!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Recommendations for decent/cheap noise cancelling earphones please33
      2. Speccing a gaming pc413
      3. sky q is it a good deal?66
      4. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA22

See more discussions