Groups

sorted :)

/

27 Comments

No I can't.

But why do you need this?

What's It For?

bod emrys;1905490

It's for a custom ebay search - the only way I can work out to find all … It's for a custom ebay search - the only way I can work out to find all items for sale within a certain distance of me.

there a postcode bit,the account you signed in with,you tick nearest distance to you postcode and it gives the miles distance roughly etc.
    looking at the lines,it gives me a funny head..

Before someone writes a program to do it for you - it wont work.

The reason being there is a restriction on the length of the search string in Ebay.

Sorry to disappoint you.

However, if you go into the advanced search options in ebay - you can specify the distance you wish to search (say up to five miles) and then perform a search in the entire action (not just the title) for "(the, and, with, has,...)" and about 30 common words that you can pick from actual auctions after you run out of ideas yourself.

aa*,ab*,ac*,ad*,ae*,af*,ag*,ah*,ai*,aj*,ak*,al*,am*,an*,ao*,ap*,aq*,ar*,as*,at*,au*,av*,aw*,ax*,ay*,az*,ba*,bb*,bc*,bd*,be*,bf*,bg*,bh*,bi*,bj*,bk*,bl*,bm*,bn*,bo*,bp*,bq*,br*,bs*,bt*,bu*,bv*,bw*,bx*,by*,bz*,ca*,cb*,cc*,cd*,ce*,cf*,cg*,ch*,ci*,cj*,ck*,cl*,cm*,cn*,co*,cp*,cq*,cr*,cs*,ct*,cu*,cv*,cw*,cx*,cy*,cz*,da*,db*,dc*,dd*,de*,df*,dg*,dh*,di*,dj*,dk*,dl*,dm*,dn*,do*,dp*,dq*,dr*,ds*,dt*,du*,dv*,dw*,dx*,dy*,dz*,ea*,eb*,ec*,ed*,ee*,ef*,eg*,eh*,ei*,ej*,ek*,el*,em*,en*,eo*,ep*,eq*,er*,es*,et*,eu*,ev*,ew*,ex*,ey*,ez*,fa*,fb*,fc*,fd*,fe*,ff*,fg*,fh*,fi*,fj*,fk*,fl*,fm*,fn*,fo*,fp*,fq*,fr*,fs*,ft*,fu*,fv*,fw*,fx*,fy*,fz*,ga*,gb*,gc*,gd*,ge*,gf*,gg*,gh*,gi*,gj*,gk*,gl*,gm*,gn*,go*,gp*,gq*,gr*,gs*,gt*,gu*,gv*,gw*,gx*,gy*,gz*,ha*,hb*,hc*,hd*,he*,hf*,hg*,hh*,hi*,hj*,hk*,hl*,hm*,hn*,ho*,hp*,hq*,hr*,hs*,ht*,hu*,hv*,hw*,hx*,hy*,hz*,ia*,ib*,ic*,id*,ie*,if*,ig*,ih*,ii*,ij*,ik*,il*,im*,in*,io*,ip*,iq*,ir*,is*,it*,iu*,iv*,iw*,ix*,iy*,iz*,ja*,jb*,jc*,jd*,je*,jf*,jg*,jh*,ji*,jj*,jk*,jl*,jm*,jn*,jo*,jp*,jq*,jr*,js*,jt*,ju*,jv*,jw*,jx*,jy*,jz*,ka*,kb*,kc*,kd*,ke*,kf*,kg*,kh*,ki*,kj*,kk*,kl*,km*,kn*,ko*,kp*,kq*,kr*,ks*,kt*,ku*,kv*,kw*,kx*,ky*,kz*,la*,lb*,lc*,ld*,le*,lf*,lg*,lh*,li*,lj*,lk*,ll*,lm*,ln*,lo*,lp*,lq*,lr*,ls*,lt*,lu*,lv*,lw*,lx*,ly*,lz*,ma*,mb*,mc*,md*,me*,mf*,mg*,mh*,mi*,mj*,mk*,ml*,mm*,mn*,mo*,mp*,mq*,mr*,ms*,mt*,mu*,mv*,mw*,mx*,my*,mz*,na*,nb*,nc*,nd*,ne*,nf*,ng*,nh*,ni*,nj*,nk*,nl*,nm*,nn*,no*,np*,nq*,nr*,ns*,nt*,nu*,nv*,nw*,nx*,ny*,nz*,oa*,ob*,oc*,od*,oe*,of*,og*,oh*,oi*,oj*,ok*,ol*,om*,on*,oo*,op*,oq*,or*,os*,ot*,ou*,ov*,ow*,ox*,oy*,oz*,pa*,pb*,pc*,pd*,pe*,pf*,pg*,ph*,pi*,pj*,pk*,pl*,pm*,pn*,po*,pp*,pq*,pr*,ps*,pt*,pu*,pv*,pw*,px*,py*,pz*,qa*,qb*,qc*,qd*,qe*,qf*,qg*,qh*,qi*,qj*,qk*,ql*,qm*,qn*,qo*,qp*,qq*,qr*,qs*,qt*,qu*,qv*,qw*,qx*,qy*,qz*,ra*,rb*,rc*,rd*,re*,rf*,rg*,rh*,ri*,rj*,rk*,rl*,rm*,rn*,ro*,rp*,rq*,rr*,rs*,rt*,ru*,rv*,rw*,rx*,ry*,rz*,sa*,sb*,sc*,sd*,se*,sf*,sg*,sh*,si*,sj*,sk*,sl*,sm*,sn*,so*,sp*,sq*,sr*,ss*,st*,su*,sv*,sw*,sx*,sy*,sz*,ta*,tb*,tc*,td*,te*,tf*,tg*,th*,ti*,tj*,tk*,tl*,tm*,tn*,to*,tp*,tq*,tr*,ts*,tt*,tu*,tv*,tw*,tx*,ty*,tz*,ua*,ub*,uc*,ud*,ue*,uf*,ug*,uh*,ui*,uj*,uk*,ul*,um*,un*,uo*,up*,uq*,ur*,us*,ut*,uu*,uv*,uw*,ux*,uy*,uz*,va*,vb*,vc*,vd*,ve*,vf*,vg*,vh*,vi*,vj*,vk*,vl*,vm*,vn*,vo*,vp*,vq*,vr*,vs*,vt*,vu*,vv*,vw*,vx*,vy*,vz*,wa*,wb*,wc*,wd*,we*,wf*,wg*,wh*,wi*,wj*,wk*,wl*,wm*,wn*,wo*,wp*,wq*,wr*,ws*,wt*,wu*,wv*,ww*,wx*,wy*,wz*,xa*,xb*,xc*,xd*,xe*,xf*,xg*,xh*,xi*,xj*,xk*,xl*,xm*,xn*,xo*,xp*,xq*,xr*,xs*,xt*,xu*,xv*,xw*,xx*,xy*,xz*,ya*,yb*,yc*,yd*,ye*,yf*,yg*,yh*,yi*,yj*,yk*,yl*,ym*,yn*,yo*,yp*,yq*,yr*,ys*,yt*,yu*,yv*,yw*,yx*,yy*,yz*,za*,zb*,zc*,zd*,ze*,zf*,zg*,zh*,zi*,zj*,zk*,zl*,zm*,zn*,zo*,zp*,zq*,zr*,zs*,zt*,zu*,zv*,zw*,zx*,zy*,zz*,

excel is your friend

aa*,ab*,ac*,ad*,ae*,af*,ag*,ah*,ai*,aj*,ak*,al*,am*,an*,ao*,ap*,aq*,ar*,as*,at*,au*,av*,aw*,ax*,ay*,az*,
    ba*,bb*,bc*,bd*,be*,bf*,bg*,bh*,bi*,bj*,bk*,bl*,bm*,bn*,bo*,bp*,bq*,br*,bs*,bt*,bu*,bv*,bw*,bx*,by*,bz*
    ca*,cb*,cc*,cd*,ce*,cf*,cg*,ch*,ci*,cj*,ck*,cl*,cm*,cn*,co*,cp*,cq*,cr*,cs*,ct*,cu*,cv*,cw*,cx*,cy*,cz*,
    da*,db*,dc*,dd*,de*,df*,dg*,dh*,di*,dj*,dk*,dl*,dm*,dn*,do*,dp*,dq*,dr*,ds*,dt*,du*,dv*,dw*,dx*,dy*,dz*,
    ea*,eb*,ec*,ed*,ee*,ef*,eg*,eh*,ei*,ej*,ek*,el*,em*,en*,eo*,ep*,eq*,er*,es*,et*,eu*,ev*,ew*,ex*,ey*,ez*,
    fa*,fb*,fc*,fd*,fe*,ff*,fg*,fh*,fi*,fj*,fk*,fl*,fm*,fn*,fo*,fp*,fq*,fr*,fs*,ft*,fu*,fv*,fw*,fx*,fy*,fz*,
    ga*,gb*,gc*,gd*,ge*,gf*,gg*,gh*,gi*,gj*,gk*,gl*,gm*,gn*,go*,gp*,gq*,gr*,gs*,gt*,gu*,gv*,gw*,gx*,gy*,gz*,
    ha*,hb*,hc*,hd*,he*,hf*,hg*,hh*,hi*,hj*,hk*,hl*,hm*,hn*,ho*,hp*,hq*,hr*,hs*,ht*,hu*,hv*,hw*,hx*,hy*,hz*,
    ia*,ib*,ic*,id*,ie*,if*,ig*,ih*,ii*,ij*,ik*,il*,im*,in*,io*,ip*,iq*,ir*,is*,it*,iu*,iv*,iw*,ix*,iy*,iz*,
    ja*,jb*,jc*,jd*,je*,jf*,jg*,jh*,ji*,jj*,jk*,jl*,jm*,jn*,jo*,jp*,jq*,jr*,js*,jt*,ju*,jv*,jw*,jx*,jy*,jz*,
    ka*,kb*,kc*,kd*,ke*,kf*,kg*,kh*,ki*,kj*,kk*,kl*,km*,kn*,ko*,kp*,kq*,kr*,ks*,kt*,ku*,kv*,kw*,kx*,ky*,kz*,
    la*,lb*,lc*,ld*,le*,lf*,lg*,lh*,li*,lj*,lk*,ll*,lm*,ln*,lo*,lp*,lq*,lr*,ls*,lt*,lu*,lv*,lw*,lx*,ly*,lz*,
    ma*,mb*,mc*,md*,me*,mf*,mg*,mh*,mi*,mj*,mk*,ml*,mm*,mn*,mo*,mp*,mq*,mr*,ms*,mt*,mu*,mv*,mw*,mx*,my*,mz*,
    na*,nb*,nc*,nd*,ne*,nf*,ng*,nh*,ni*,nj*,nk*,nl*,nm*,nn*,no*,np*,nq*,nr*,ns*,nt*,nu*,nv*,nw*,nx*,ny*,nz*,
    oa*,ob*,oc*,od*,oe*,of*,og*,oh*,oi*,oj*,ok*,ol*,om*,on*,oo*,op*,oq*,or*,os*,ot*,ou*,ov*,ow*,ox*,oy*,oz*,
    pa*,pb*,pc*,pd*,pe*,pf*,pg*,ph*,pi*,pj*,pk*,pl*,pm*,pn*,po*,pp*,pq*,pr*,ps*,pt*,pu*,pv*,pw*,px*,py*,pz*,
    qa*,qb*,qc*,qd*,qe*,qf*,qg*,qh*,qi*,qj*,qk*,ql*,qm*,qn*,qo*,qp*,qq*,qr*,qs*,qt*,qu*,qv*,qw*,qx*,qy*,qz*,
    ra*,rb*,rc*,rd*,re*,rf*,rg*,rh*,ri*,rj*,rk*,rl*,rm*,rn*,ro*,rp*,rq*,rr*,rs*,rt*,ru*,rv*,rw*,rx*,ry*,rz*,
    sa*,sb*,sc*,sd*,se*,sf*,sg*,sh*,si*,sj*,sk*,sl*,sm*,sn*,so*,sp*,sq*,sr*,ss*,st*,su*,sv*,sw*,sx*,sy*,sz*,
    ta*,tb*,tc*,td*,te*,tf*,tg*,th*,ti*,tj*,tk*,tl*,tm*,tn*,to*,tp*,tq*,tr*,ts*,tt*,tu*,tv*,tw*,tx*,ty*,tz*,
    ua*,ub*,uc*,ud*,ue*,uf*,ug*,uh*,ui*,uj*,uk*,ul*,um*,un*,uo*,up*,uq*,ur*,us*,ut*,uu*,uv*,uw*,ux*,uy*,uz*,
    va*,vb*,vc*,vd*,ve*,vf*,vg*,vh*,vi*,vj*,vk*,vl*,vm*,vn*,vo*,vp*,vq*,vr*,vs*,vt*,vu*,vv*,vw*,vx*,vy*,vz*,
    wa*,wb*,wc*,wd*,we*,wf*,wg*,wh*,wi*,wj*,wk*,wl*,wm*,wn*,wo*,wp*,wq*,wr*,ws*,wt*,wu*,wv*,ww*,wx*,wy*,wz*,
    xa*,xb*,xc*,xd*,xe*,xf*,xg*,xh*,xi*,xj*,xk*,xl*,xm*,xn*,xo*,xp*,xq*,xr*,xs*,xt*,xu*,xv*,xw*,xx*,xy*,xz*,
    ya*,yb*,yc*,yd*,ye*,yf*,yg*,yh*,yi*,yj*,yk*,yl*,ym*,yn*,yo*,yp*,yq*,yr*,ys*,yt*,yu*,yv*,yw*,yx*,yy*,yz*,
    za*,zb*,zc*,zd*,ze*,zf*,zg*,zh*,zi*,zj*,zk*,zl*,zm*,zn*,zo*,zp*,zq*,zr*,zs*,zt*,zu*,zv*,zw*,zx*,zy*,zz*,

There a few that has a space between the last letter and the *. i.e. zm *

well, you don't really need most of them - do you really need to search for zz* and tx* etc etc (i suppose if you are looking for zz top albums!!)

hashman;1905549

excel is your friend

how did you get excel to do that. i tried doing the first few, then trailing the little box bit down, but it just copied the one's i did in the first place. i thought you would be able to do the same as you do with jan, feb, mar, apr etc. etc., but how did you do it?

raptorcigs;1905612

[IMG]"http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1153/nowtsi8.jpg"[/IMG]

hahaha.

What about something like this:
    (AB*,AC*,AD*,AF*,AG*,AH*,AK*,AL*,AM*,AN*,AP*,AQ*,AR*,AS*,AT*,AV*,AW*,AX*,AY*,AZ*,BA*,BC*,BE*,BI*,BL*,BM*,BN*,BO*,BR*,BT*,BU*,BY*,CA*,CE*,CH*,CI*,CL*,CM*,CN*,CO*,CP*,CR*,CT*,CU*,CY*,DA*,DE*,DH*,DI*,DL*,DM*,DN*,DO*,DR*,DT*,DU*,DW*,DY*,EB*,EC*,ED*,EF*,EG*,EH*,EJ*,EL*,EM*,EN*,EP*,EQ*,ER*,ES*,ET*,EV*,EW*,EX*,EY*,EZ*,FA*,FC*,FE*,FI*,FL*,FM*,FN*,FO*,FR*,FT*,FU*,FW*,FY*,GA*,GC*,GE*,GH*,GI*,GL*,GM*,GN*,GO*,GP*,GR*,GT*,GU*,GW*,GY*,HA*,HC*,HE*,HI*,HL*,HM*,HN*,HO*,HP*,HR*,HT*,HU*,HY*,IB*,IC*,ID*,IF*,IG*,IH*,IJ*,IK*,IL*,IM*,IN*,IP*,IQ*,IR*,IS*,IT*,IV*,IW*,IX*,IY*,IZ*,JA*,JC*,JE*,JI*,JO*,JU*,KA*,KE*,KI*,KL*,KN*,KO*,KP*,KR*,KT*,KU*,KW*,KY*,LA*,LC*,LE*,LH*,LI*,LM*,LN*,LO*,LP*,LR*,LT*,LU*,LY*,MA*,ME*,MI*,ML*,MO*,MR*,MT*,MU*,MY*,NA*,NE*,NI*,NO*,NP*,NT*,NU*,OB*,OC*,OD*,OF*,OH*,OL*,OM*,ON*,OP*,OR*,OS*,OT*,OV*,OW*,OX*,OY*,OZ*,PA*,PC*,PE*,PH*,PI*,PL*,PM*,PN*,PO*,PR*,PT*,PU*,PW*,PY*,QU*,RA*,RC*,RE*,RH*,RI*,RL*,RO*,RP*,RU*,SA*,SC*,SE*,SH*,SI*,SK*,SL*,SM*,SN*,SO*,SP*,SR*,ST*,SU*,SW*,SY*,TA*,TC*,TE*,TH*,TI*,TL*,TM*,TN*,TO*,TR*,TU*,TW*,TY*,UM*,UN*,UP*,UR*,US*,VA*,VE*,VI*,VO*,VU*,VY*,WA*,WE*,WH*,WI*,WO*,WR*,WU*,WY*,XE*,XI*,XO*,XP*,XY*,YA*,YE*,YI*,YO*,YU*,ZA*,ZE*,ZI*,ZO*,ZU*,ZY*)

bod emrys;1905727

(the*,are,but,one,two,yes,no,here,an*,new,old,has) with 'search title and … (the*,are,but,one,two,yes,no,here,an*,new,old,has) with 'search title and description' box ticked shows 7,185,598 items.Think that probably is the best way to do it - thanks ibiza :thumbsup:

Yep you're probably correct :giggle:

(AB*,AC*,AD*,AF*,AG*,AH*,AK*,AL*,AM*,AN*,AP*,AQ*,AR*,AS*,AT*,AV*,AW*,AX*,AY*,AZ*,BA*,BC*,BE*,BI*,BL*,BM*,BN*,BO*,BR*,BT*,BU*,BY*,CA*,CE*,CH*,CI*,CL*,CM*,CN*,CO*,CP*,CR*,CT*,CU*,CY*,DA*,DE*,DH*,DI*,DL*,DM*,DN*,DO*,DR*,DT*,DU*,DW*,DY*,EB*,EC*,ED*,EF*,EG*,EH*)

^ That found 13 million mind... (NB this forum corrupts long strings when you enter them...)

(th*,ar*,bu*,on*,tw*,ye*,no*,he*,an*,ne*,ol*,ha*,fr*,st*,ch*,pa*,me*,la*,li*,sm*)

Try that but without selecting title and description...

Re you question - might be that the forum has added spaces which need to be removed? Not sure...

(See how its added a space between f and r above ^^)

This gets just under 12million:
    (th*,ar*,bu*,on*,tw*,ye*,no*,re*,he*,an*,ne*,ol*,br*,ha*,fr*,st*,ch*,pa*,me*,la*,li*,sm*)

12.4 million:
    (th*,ar*,bu*,on*,tw*,ye*,no*,re*,he*,an*,ne*,ol*,br*,ha*,al*,pr*,fr*,st*,ch*,pa*,me*,la*,li*,sm*)

13.3 million:
    (th*,ar*,bu*,on*,tw*,ye*,no*,re*,he*,an*,ne*,un*,wh*,to*,ta*,bl*,ol*,br*,ha*,al*,pr*,fr*,st*,ch*,pa*,me*,la*,li*,sm*)
    (This is almost fun :lol:)

Oops might help if I looked on ebay.co.uk :oops:

:giggle:

(see above post - I'm going to scurry off to a corner and hang my head in shame :lol:)

Just did: (th*,ar*,bu*,on*,tw*,ye*,no*,re*,he*,an*,ne*,un*,w h*,to*,ta*,bl*,ol*,br*,ha*,al*,pr*,fr*,st*,ch*,pa* ,me*,la*,li*,sm*)

Got 6,212,856 items.
    Thought i'd include-
    Highest priced item without bid: £10,000,000 to rent/buy a car showroom
    Highest priced with bid/s: £95,100 for a 2005 Ferrarri F430 Spider. 49 bids, started at 99p.

Banned

public String[] characters = (a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z);
    for(int i =0; i{
    for(int j=0;j{
    System.out.println(characters[i]+characters [j]+"*, ");
    }
    }

imranmaz;1906739

public String[] characters = … public String[] characters = (a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z);for(int i =0; i{for(int j=0;j{ System.out.println(characters[i]+characters [j]+"*, ");}}

I like mine better lol:

String[] characters = {"a","b","c","d","e","f","g","h","i"};
    for(String str1 : characters) {
    for(String str2 : characters) {
    System.out.print(str1+str2+"*, ");
    }
    }

krjgreen;1907052

pmslhttp://www.localbargainfinder.co.uk/

No reason to pysl - it uses a limited set of search term to find items:
    ("cash on collection", "buyer must collect", "collection only", "no postage", "pick up only", "unable to post", "needs to be collected", "Collection in Person only", "can't post")
    What about the sellers who don't use any of the above terms?

What about Birminghams post code? Its starts with "B"

MoneySavingG;1907169
    No reason to pysl - it uses a limited set of search term to find items:
    ("cash on collection", "buyer must collect", "collection only", "no postage", "pick up only", "unable to post", "needs to be collected", "Collection in Person only", "can't post")
    What about the sellers who don't use any of the above terms?

ok then by the loot thats local

PMSL

Banned

MoneySavingG;1907123

I like mine better lol: String[] characters = … I like mine better lol: String[] characters = {"a","b","c","d","e","f","g","h","i"}; for(String str1 : characters) { for(String str2 : characters) { System.out.print(str1+str2+"*, "); } }

you can't do that in java can you?

will it iterate thru the array by itself?

krjgreen;1907364

PMSL

Nein! The secretion while humouring one self is not allowed.

imranmaz;1907820
    you can't do that in java can you?

will it iterate thru the array by itself?

It's the enhanced for loop introduced in Java 5

Banned

how did you do this in excel

Banned

MoneySavingG;1908206

It's the enhanced for loop introduced in Java 5

ah... its a for each loop like in C#
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Apples new update610
      2. Any PS4 News Here29313799
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1841335
      4. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2425

See more discussions