Sorting mobiles: hot option gives wrong results

Posted 6th Sep
Hello, when I searched on mobiles and then select hot to order them, I got entries in the order: 411, 209,...,1025,... WTF?
The one with heat of 1025 was still a valid offer so why isn't it the top entry???!

Note that there are a lot of offers and I could easily have missed the better rated deals on page 5, say. What's the incantation to get the list sorted properly?
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
The search function is awful on this site, I have offered to correct it several times at my day rates over the years but so far theyve said no. Too busy counting all the affiliate cash to care. Maybe its ordered with highest paying referrals first
MrKrabs06/09/2020 09:29

The search function is awful on this site, I have offered to correct it …The search function is awful on this site, I have offered to correct it several times at my day rates over the years but so far theyve said no. Too busy counting all the affiliate cash to care. Maybe its ordered with highest paying referrals first

I have often wondered about the highest paying referral thing.
The amount of notifications I get for things that I have never set an alert/search for are unbelievable, it just seems more like spamming than an actual alert/search facility.
I wouldn't use the heat system on here as a gauge of how good a deal is. that ship sailed a long time ago
Edited by: "Deedie" 6th Sep
i didn't know you could sort the search by heat. just tried and yeah, not ordered correctly.
MrKrabs06/09/2020 09:29

The search function is awful on this site, I have offered to correct it …The search function is awful on this site, I have offered to correct it several times at my day rates over the years but so far theyve said no. Too busy counting all the affiliate cash to care. Maybe its ordered with highest paying referrals first

It's particularly annoying atm for the particular search and then sort I ran, since the 'hottest' item is a Moto G8 Plus, which was first posted at the end of July and is still live - so it's currently on p12 !!!! Who would have the patience to go back that far!
They do seem to hav an API, hotukdeals.com/doc…tml, but life's a bit too short!
Post a comment
@
    Text