Expired

Sound Bar to be used with Sky Remote

Found 17th Jun 2014
So here is my situation, recently bought a PC monitor with HDMI so I could use my Sky on the same monitor.

However, being a PC monitor it does not have a remote or a IR sensor. So, I need to use the buttons on the side of the monitor to change the sound which is not the best.

The only real solution I can identify is to purchase myself a soundbar which I can use a sky remote to control but so far I have only found one suitable candidate. (surprisingly lack of information available online. I do not want to go down the route of a universal remote like the Logitech Harmony remote.

So my question, what sound bars do you guys recommend that you can confirm work with sky remotes? or do I have better options?

The only one I can find is the LG NB2020A which does not have the best reviews.
(http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Archived-Discussions/LG-Soundbar-volume-control-via-Sky-remote/td-p/554114)
Community Updates
AskSkySoundbar
8 Comments
I have another model lg soundbar and I use the spare sky remote on this as I lost the original.
Jbl sb200 excellent quality.. Might still be 100 at costco
dcx_badass

Turn the volume on the monitor to full and control the volume on the sky … Turn the volume on the monitor to full and control the volume on the sky box...

How do you control the volume on the sky box, please?
Original Poster
dcx_badass

Turn the volume on the monitor to full and control the volume on the sky … Turn the volume on the monitor to full and control the volume on the sky box...

Didnt know you could do that... How do I set that up on my sky hd box?
Original Poster
Jetpac

Jbl sb200 excellent quality.. Might still be 100 at costco

You can control that with the sky remote?

Was it on offer at £100? Appears to be well over that now... costco.co.uk/vie…234

Edited by: "biggong" 17th Jun 2014
Yea it was on offer. We use ours with the virgin media remote.

The sky remote should work with the vast majority of sound bars as it is programable. You go to program mode.. Punch in the manufacturer code and test.. If it doesn't work.. Try the next.
I have a Yamaha 101 and I programed it to the tv remote controls for volume (instructions in the Manuel). It might work with sky remote. Good sound too.
biggong

Didnt know you could do that... How do I set that up on my sky hd box?

I don't think you can.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants