Groups
    EXPIRED

Sound card for my Samsung sound bar help

Hi

I got a Samsung sound bar which supports dts2.0 Dolby digital.

anyway at the moment I have my PC connected to TV via HDMI then TV optical to the sound bar which is output in Down sample pcm looking at the information option on power dvd.

mine does not have optical out if I buy a soundcard with optical out will it output in DTS.2.0 will any soundcard with optical out the job or should I invest in one that has DTS connect etc.

any advice be great don't want to waste money on soundcard if there no point.

my TV gives me options to use pcm or DTS neo should I stick to this or get a soundcard

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

5 Comments

Can't you also connect your soundbar to your TV through HDMI?

Original Poster

PhoenixRising

Can't you also connect your soundbar to your TV through HDMI?

soundbar no hdmi only optical and 3.5 analog. going to try out the analog connection from pc to soundbar tonight. ordered a Asus Xonar DSX 7.1 PCI Express 1.0 Sound Card from amazon hopefully this will improve things if it doesn't I can just sell it on. (used £5 code so wont lose much)

Also, make sure to check the Audio output settings on the your PC. From the codecs, you'll probably need to select HDMI pass through for the audio and leave the decoding to your TV. Otherwise, your PC will decode and re-encode the audio.

Original Poster

PhoenixRising

Also, make sure to check the Audio output settings on the your PC. From … Also, make sure to check the Audio output settings on the your PC. From the codecs, you'll probably need to select HDMI pass through for the audio and leave the decoding to your TV. Otherwise, your PC will decode and re-encode the audio.

thx for trying to help I looked in all the settings i normally quite good with this sort of thing cant find no option for hdmi pass through should I download a filter/codec to get this option

I use Shark007 Advanced Codecs. They work well for me.

shark007.net/win…tml

Oh and sorry, I meant bitstreaming, NOT passthrough. Once installed, look in the Audio tab.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. iPhone 7 32GB Black Unopened68
      2. Xbox One S or Xbox One X88
      3. Can anyone share their Sky Go with me for £7.50 a month?56
      4. Cheapest Fifa 18 Digital code?22

See more discussions