Groups

Sound card please needs to support direct sound input

Hi all,

I have bought this pc

hotukdeals.com/ite…=12

but need to replace the sound card to one which support direct sound input (I need it for Cubase).

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced one around £100 or less - I understand Soundblasters are pretty good?

Also, is is quite easy to install a new sound card?

thanks all

3 Comments

sound cards are about £20, if not cheaper, very easy to install they just pull upwards, there maybe a screw on top which you wil see once you open the case

Original Poster

wickedteen;8120070

sound cards are about £20, if not cheaper, very easy to install they just … sound cards are about £20, if not cheaper, very easy to install they just pull upwards, there maybe a screw on top which you wil see once you open the case

Really, as cheap as that for a good quality one which supports input recording?

I believe the issues are now with Windows and its interaction with the driver. Turtle Beach cards used to do this and M-Audio. TB cards are now made by someone else so you might not even get direct on these now.

Is this just a latency issue? If so ASIO 2 drivers might solve your problem - there are a few of these cards about. It would appear the Xonar at £60ish (ebuyer.com/pro…836) supports Direct Sound in Vista and XP. Do quick froogle for ASIO sound card and you should find some very high quality stuff at £60 or so. Not sure SB supports low latency anymore in the reasonably priced range (Xfi Titanium or above I think) but please double check this.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions