Groups

sound problems on pc

just bought a new grfx card for pc, connected it via hdmi and it doesnt recognise any sound device, any suggestions?

15 Comments

You'll need a audio cable, Sound comes from the soundcard not via HDMI.

Something like this should work

Original Poster

ahh i see, its connected to my tv so will the video connected via hdmi and the audio connected via that cable work on the same hdmi channel if you know what i mean?

Banned

shauneco

You'll need a audio cable, Sound comes from the soundcard not via … You'll need a audio cable, Sound comes from the soundcard not via HDMI.Something like [url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2FFPUK-Metre-Audio-Sound-Cable%2Fdp%2FB001E1DEUM]this[/url] should work

Thats not the case anymore son. A lot of mobos/gfx cards are starting to support hdmi audio out. Sounds like a driver issue?

sound does travel thro hdmi but it depends if the mbd or vidio card that the hdmi is coming out supports audio thro the hdmi,

my machine has audio support thro hdmi, but i need to go in to my sound dettings and set my tv as the defualt device to get the tv to play the sound

Banned

inb4 someone wants the make / model of said card

saves time!

To get the audio working from HDMI you need to connect the gfx card to SPDIF out on you motherboard. It is a 3pin cable.

Original Poster

its a hd5450 512mb, only a cheap one, dont think it has anything to connect it to motheboard

if you open windows sound opctions and go to the play back opctions what are the in the main box e.g in mine i havespeakers, headphones, digital audio s/pdif, AMD hdmi output

the AMD HDMI out put only lights up when i plug in my tv, then i have to right click and set to primary device the sound comes thro my tv,

please try this or post back what u have in your list

Original Poster

Davism

if you open windows sound opctions and go to the play back opctions what … if you open windows sound opctions and go to the play back opctions what are the in the main box e.g in mine i havespeakers, headphones, digital audio s/pdif, AMD hdmi outputthe AMD HDMI out put only lights up when i plug in my tv, then i have to right click and set to primary device the sound comes thro my tv, please try this or post back what u have in your list

thanks its working now cheers guys

did that fix it for u? if it was what i did any chance you could give me a thanks? wanting to build up my tanks rating lol

Original Poster

ha how do i do this, not upto date with hukd these days

The thumbs up icon on your right
    Edited by: "shauneco" 4th May 2011

just glad it helped

how does thumbs up build up a rep?
    whats mine then?

Joey Bloggsy

how does thumbs up build up a rep? whats mine then?

You can't give rep now since they changed it, The thumbs up gives you "Likes" The next best thing.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846218
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32159
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism710
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…77

See more discussions