Groups

soundbar assistance

Hi all, looking for a good soundbar with surround sound capabilities. Any suggestions? Looked at Bose 15 but looks poor from reviews. Heard of Yamaha ysp 1600 but deals on these are like rocking horse poo

6 Comments

Hi, LG have many good sound bars, and many of them come with sub-woofers... For 179.99 you can get a decent one with a wireless sub-woofer: argos.co.uk/pro…373

Edited by: "michaelproyer" 19th Dec 2016

Banned

LG LAS550H has great sound quality. Surround sound works moderately well, though not the equal of a multi speaker setup

Why not just get surround speakers instead if you really want surround sound.
    richersounds.com/pro…810
    entry level yes but £250 for proper surround setup.
    Edited by: "Uridium" 20th Dec 2016

I picked up one of these Orbitsound M12's off ebay.

orbitsound.com/en/…es/

i paid approx £110 for it (was supposed to be man refurb) but it came like brand new. Retails at approx £300. Wireless sub, bluetooth etc-superb.

From what I've heard I don't think you can get a decent one for that price.
    I wanted to get one to save some space as I currently use floorstanding speakers. But I think the sound is too good from my current set up as all the soundbars I heard sounded tinny in comparison. (_;)

Also it makes a difference where you are positioned - I had a listen to this and thought it sounded ok, but only if you were right in front, standing to the side it wasn't that great.

Original Poster

Appreciate you bought and comments folks thank you. Thought it may be a tough ask but not one for loads of wires going off round the room and wireless surround sound seemed wayyyy too pricey
    Happy Christmas
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Dashcam question59
      2. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming59
      3. How to cancel Sky subscription810
      4. Gaming Monitor65

See more discussions