Soundbar fault ?

Found 3rd Aug
Samsung HW-K450 has worked flawlessly for a couple of weeks, connected to tv via optical input.

Suddenly this week it decides to misbehave when watching tv after a hour or so it will lose sound and switch to BT.

I then Have to then get the soundbar remote and switch back to D.IN

Reset soundbar unplugged everything etc updated firmware still got the problem

Any help appreciated thanks
Community Updates
11 Comments
If it quirks OK on BT then it sounds like the optical connection is faulty. Try a different lead?
mrty1 m ago

If it quirks OK on BT then it sounds like the optical connection is …If it quirks OK on BT then it sounds like the optical connection is faulty. Try a different lead?

Works fine on bt and optical. But just randomly disconnects via optical and switches to bt if it was lose connection would it not just lose
Connection rather than switch to bt?
Sounds like BT has priority over Bluetooth and it's connecting to something.
kester7611 m ago

Sounds like BT has priority over Bluetooth and it's connecting to …Sounds like BT has priority over Bluetooth and it's connecting to something.

Nothing it can connect to all Bluetooth devices switched off
MWC201217 m ago

Nothing it can connect to all Bluetooth devices switched off

factory reset it just to be certain as some devices can awaken bluetooth receivers from sleep.
kester7636 s ago

factory reset it just to be certain as some devices can awaken bluetooth …factory reset it just to be certain as some devices can awaken bluetooth receivers from sleep.

See above already done that
have you tried covering the IR sensor on the soundbar to see if that helps
kester767 m ago

have you tried covering the IR sensor on the soundbar to see if that helps

That would prove a fault or interference I guess
MWC201213 m ago

That would prove a fault or interference I guess

Could be rogue IR selecting the Bluetooth option. Sometimes sunlight can cause this, other times a fault in the remote or another remote sending a similar command.
Did it work ?
No it happened just now and displayed a message saying laptop off happ8
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants