Soundbar for Toshiba TV - No optical cable

Found 8th Dec 2015
I have a Toshiba 40L1333 40" TV and looking to buy a sound bar. Been looking at the Sony HT-CT80 & Samsung HW-J355 but it looks like both of them need to be connected via optical cable, which my TV hasn't got.

Please can someone help and point me in a direction to a sound bar that would be more suited? I guess if I got some sort of adapter for the optical cable, the sound quality will be compromised?

Thanks
Community Updates
AskToshibaTV
4 Comments
do you have sky/virgin, if you watch TV from them you can hook the soundbar up to them, or an external freeview HD box with optical, or Xbox one and TV tuner.
eternaldragonuk

do you have sky/virgin, if you watch TV from them you can hook the … do you have sky/virgin, if you watch TV from them you can hook the soundbar up to them, or an external freeview HD box with optical, or Xbox one and TV tuner.

We have a playstation 4, virgin box and an amazon fire stick that we watch tv through, would need the soundbar to work for all of these.

If we plugged it into the virgin box, would the sound work when we are watching something through the amazon stick for instance?

Thanks for the reply
pia2989

We have a playstation 4, virgin box and an amazon fire stick that we … We have a playstation 4, virgin box and an amazon fire stick that we watch tv through, would need the soundbar to work for all of these.If we plugged it into the virgin box, would the sound work when we are watching something through the amazon stick for instance?Thanks for the reply

​nope, the fire sticks sound would come from TV, your sound bar would need HDMI pass through (not sure if any do).
you can get a optical hub, hook up virgin box and ps4 to hub, hub to TV, flick switch on hub to switch between connections.
for the fire stick you would connect the coax audio cable from TV to sound bar. the fire stick can't connect to a Bluetooth speaker, hopefully an update in the future.
the fire TV does have optical out, if you had one of them then that could connect to the hub, or the Xbox one does have an HDMI input that you could plug the stick into, and the Xbox to the hub, if you were thinking about an Xbox in the future.
pia2989

We have a playstation 4, virgin box and an amazon fire stick that we … We have a playstation 4, virgin box and an amazon fire stick that we watch tv through, would need the soundbar to work for all of these.If we plugged it into the virgin box, would the sound work when we are watching something through the amazon stick for instance?Thanks for the reply

m.ebay.co.uk/itm…629
this looks like the hub I have to connect my Xbox and ps4 to my sound system.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants