Soundbar - help please!

Posted 6th Jun 2020
Need some help with a soundbar decision please:

Sony 3.1 ht-g700 or Sony 5.1 ht-20r... either of these any good or are there alternatives in the same price range that are better?

Also would it be worth upgrading a 6 year old 2.1 LG to one of these, would it be so much better?

Thank you for your help in advance! 😁
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Gt 700 has dolby atmos and has wireless subwoofer. I would go for that. What is your maximum price?
D3LL80Y06/06/2020 19:45

Gt 700 has dolby atmos and has wireless subwoofer. I would go for that. …Gt 700 has dolby atmos and has wireless subwoofer. I would go for that. What is your maximum price?

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ve been looking at the Sony Z9f also... do you know which is better between the Z9f and the G700? I’ve googled it obvs but can’t work out the difference! (Not a techy!)
The most important feature to me is dialogue clarity but I would like to make use of the Atmos feature on my new tv!

Thanks for your help, it’s much appreciated!
Sweetpeajoey20/06/2020 17:32

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ve been looking at the Sony Z9f also... d …Thanks for the recommendation. I’ve been looking at the Sony Z9f also... do you know which is better between the Z9f and the G700? I’ve googled it obvs but can’t work out the difference! (Not a techy!)The most important feature to me is dialogue clarity but I would like to make use of the Atmos feature on my new tv!Thanks for your help, it’s much appreciated!

From the specs on the sony website there doesn’t appear much difference. What is the price difference?
D3LL80Y20/06/2020 18:49

From the specs on the sony website there doesn’t appear much difference. W …From the specs on the sony website there doesn’t appear much difference. What is the price difference?

The price difference is £150. I can see one difference and that is the Z9f lets you add rear speakers if you wish..... can’t see anything else.
Edited by: "Sweetpeajoey" 20th Jun
Oh i see, rear speakers are a great addition. So i guess it comes down to if you want rear?
Check out Samsung ones with Atmos , They are very good. I have HW-Q90R and its Amazing especially with Atmos. They also have diff models with Atmos at various price points..
Post a comment
@
    Text