Soup Recipes - Your Recommendations

Posted 18th Nov
After being poorly for a while, I've just started cooking all the food in the house again.

The wife has asked me to make a soup once a week. I've recently done broccoli and stilton and I made a lentil and bacon one yesterday. Both soups went down well, so as I'm on a roll, I'm going to keep it up.
Next on the list is French onion and probably a Scotch broth after that.

What are your favourite homemade soups and your recommendations?

Thank you very much
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
When I can be arsed I make curried parsnip soup.
The ingredients are:
600g parsnips, peeled and diced smallish
400ml full fat milk
Salt and pepper
Curry powder

Bang the parsnips, milk and curry powder in a pan bring to boil simmer for 5mins blend it. Done

It’s a James martin one if you can be bothered (unlike me) google it and you’ll find he uses the peelings to make crisps i use a dash of honey on them
DanSpaghetti18/11/2019 17:53

When I can be arsed I make curried parsnip soup.The ingredients are: 600g …When I can be arsed I make curried parsnip soup.The ingredients are: 600g parsnips, peeled and diced smallish 400ml full fat milkSalt and pepperCurry powder Bang the parsnips, milk and curry powder in a pan bring to boil simmer for 5mins blend it. Done It’s a James martin one if you can be bothered (unlike me) google it and you’ll find he uses the peelings to make crisps i use a dash of honey on them

Was never a fan of parsnip because my mother used to hammer them. She also put them in Welsh cawl, which is a big no-no.
And then when I was working as a chef, I was made to test the glazed parsnips which were absolutely horrible. How the restaurant served them, I'll never know.
But I think I'm up for this one.
Thanks.
Larressingle18/11/2019 18:24

Comment deleted

Ahhhhhh, never thought about mushroom soup even though I bought the wife 6 cans of Heinz a couple of weeks ago haha.
Thanks.
chimp14uk18/11/2019 18:37

Was never a fan of parsnip because my mother used to hammer them. She also …Was never a fan of parsnip because my mother used to hammer them. She also put them in Welsh cawl, which is a big no-no.And then when I was working as a chef, I was made to test the glazed parsnips which were absolutely horrible. How the restaurant served them, I'll never know.But I think I'm up for this one.Thanks.

I hate parsnips with a passion but the curry takes it to a nice level you could even replace with other root vegetable
Cream of chicken soup (serves 2 over 2 days or nights, or serves 4 in one sitting).

Making it just now.

Grate one large / two medium shallots, two carrots, one large potato - straight into the pot.

Add one teaspoon of crushed garlic, some sage, some thyme, some salt, some pepper.

Add a good glug of olive oil.

Fry off for five minutes.

Add two pints of chicken stock.

Simmer for 20 - 30 mins.

While the soup is simmering, roast two chicken breasts or whatever part of the chicken you like.

Shred the cooked chicken and add to the soup.

Blitz and add as much double cream as you like
psychedelicrenegade18/11/2019 19:09

Cream of chicken soup (serves 2 over 2 days or nights, or serves 4 in one …Cream of chicken soup (serves 2 over 2 days or nights, or serves 4 in one sitting).Making it just now.Grate one large / two medium shallots, two carrots, one large potato - straight into the pot.Add one teaspoon of crushed garlic, some sage, some thyme, some salt, some pepper.Add a good glug of olive oil.Fry off for five minutes.Add two pints of chicken stock.Simmer for 20 - 30 mins.While the soup is simmering, roast two chicken breasts or whatever part of the chicken you like.Shred the cooked chicken and add to the soup.Blitz and add as much double cream as you like

Sounds nice.
I would probably use chicken thighs in this tbh because I find they have a lot of flavour and don't go so dry.
Thank you, it's going on the list.
chimp14uk18/11/2019 19:56

Sounds nice.I would probably use chicken thighs in this tbh because I find …Sounds nice.I would probably use chicken thighs in this tbh because I find they have a lot of flavour and don't go so dry.Thank you, it's going on the list.

No probs.

Yeah, thighs are probably better for flavour.

I also do a nice chicken noodle using soy sauce, fish sauce and a wee touch of turmeric.

I'll get a recipe up later on
Creamy Leek and potato soup
I operate on the bung principle for my soups then add a couple of stok cubes liquidise and serve

sprig of something or swirl of cream optional crusty tiger roll or bread really a must

cooked in a slow cooker is a bonus and all seem to taste better second day
Edited by: "cheekyweegit" 18th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants