South Africa sim card/phone

6 replies
Found 14th Feb 2010
Hi i am going to South Africa soon and taking my unlocked phone does anyone know the cheapest tarrif or sim i can use

thanks

6 Comments

can i hijack your thread aswell. i need one for egypt.

Best thing to do is wait until you get there then buy a pay as you go sim from one of the main phone companies in SA - my husband was over there for a month last November and he got a Vodacom sim no problem. That way, you don't have to pay to receive calls like you would if you used your UK sim.

For cheap(er) calls to him, I got myself an Orange PAYG sim on the Camel tarrif and we called each other that way.

hope this helps.
CtC.

CleoTheCat;7838200

Best thing to do is wait until you get there then buy a pay as you go sim … Best thing to do is wait until you get there then buy a pay as you go sim from one of the main phone companies in SA - my husband was over there for a month last November and he got a Vodacom sim no problem. That way, you don't have to pay to receive calls like you would if you used your UK sim.For cheap(er) calls to him, I got myself an Orange PAYG sim on the Camel tarrif and we called each other that way.hope this helps.CtC.

how does that work then you get a new number. no one would know my number to call me??

yes, but you can text your new number to them when you get it.

0044.co.uk/Glo…htm uk number and free incoming calls in SA 6p per minute in Egypt.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions