South West Trains season ticket holders CAN claim refunds for Waterloo disruption

Found 27th Sep 2017
Just was told by my colleague he claimed £250. So I could not think of better place to share this news.
Waterloo travel disruption | How can I claim a refund?
Stagecoach said that all 10 weekdays of the upgrade works so far (August 7-11 and 14-18) have been declared "void days", meaning passengers can claim compensation as long as they have a valid season ticket of a month or more - even if they decided not to travel during the disruption.

MoneySavingExpert.com says the compensation will be the cost of a single ticket each way, worked out as a proportion of your season ticket. For instance, a monthly season ticket holder travelling from Basingstoke to Waterloo could claim back about £24 per day, which works out a just under £250 for the 10-day period.

To claim compensation, you can go online and fill out the online claim form, go to a South West Trains ticket office, or a customer service centre from this Saturday, up until the day your season ticket expires.

Customers can choose to have their compensation in cash or as a discount off the next season ticket.

telegraph.co.uk/mon…oo/
Community Updates
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions