South Western Railway - 27 Days of Strikes During December

Posted 5th Nov
A huge 27 day strike has been planned to take place this December, due to a dispute that started a long while ago (2017 I believe) regarding the role of train guards in the future. The strike is set to take place at an extremely busy period, which will impact a crazy amount of travellers over Christmas.

The dates we've seen are as follows:

• 00:01 Monday 2nd December - 23:59pm Wednesday 11th December

• 00:01 Friday 13th December - 23:59pm Tuesday 24th December

• 00:01 Friday 27th December - 23:59pm on the 1st January

Keep these in mind if you plan to travel within those times and dates. If you know someone that uses SWR, you'll probably want to let them know too so that they don't end up stuck.

Source
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

7 Comments
Thank you for the heads up... I travel to work with SW trains every day... Not a good news
apur3205/11/2019 16:56

Thank you for the heads up... I travel to work with SW trains every day... …Thank you for the heads up... I travel to work with SW trains every day... Not a good news

Ah no!
goonertillidie05/11/2019 17:00

Ah no!

Well I can take alternative busy and longer route which is not ideal..
Edited by: "apur32" 5th Nov
Merry Christmas commuters!
Feels like Northern Rail have been on strike all year. It is so bad now I had to go back to driving to work as was being late so often due to cancellations and delays. I am not the only one either that I know. The whole train system in the UK is a joke the service gets worse and the price goes up. How can people rely on the public transport system when it’s so unreliable.
samtman05/11/2019 17:31

Feels like Northern Rail have been on strike all year. It is so bad now I …Feels like Northern Rail have been on strike all year. It is so bad now I had to go back to driving to work as was being late so often due to cancellations and delays. I am not the only one either that I know. The whole train system in the UK is a joke the service gets worse and the price goes up. How can people rely on the public transport system when it’s so unreliable.

Was on a northern rail service from retford to leeds the train was like something from back to the future /flintstones
apur3205/11/2019 17:07

Well I can take alternative busy and longer route which is not ideal..

I travel every day with swr too. Every time they've striked in the past they've been able to run a reduced service (from my station at least, I know it varies across the network). It's usually quieter too as others avoid
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants