South Western Railway launch a FREE Travel Assistance Card for those with Autism, Learning Difficulties, Speech Problems & More

Found 7th Aug
The card is totally free and can be picked up at any station via customers services or you can download it via their website southwesternrailway.com/tra…ard

Hope it helps some of you

What is it?

Our Travel Assistance Card is a free card for anyone who may need that extra bit of help and find it difficult to ask. All our staff have been trained to recognise the card and if you show it to any member of our staff, they will help you as best they can.

Our Travel Assistance Card can be requested at any of our stations, through our customer services team, or downloaded from our website.

How do I use it?

There is space on the card to tell us a little about you and what help you may need. You can write or draw anything that could help our staff to assist you. Simply show the card to a member of our staff at the station or on the train and they will help you as much as they can.

Who may find the card useful?

The Travel Assistance Card can be useful for people with:

• learning difficulties
• memory loss
• limited or no English
• hearing impairments
• problems communicating
Community Updates
Top comments
I hope the roll this out nationwide. My son has Aspergers. He is train obsessed but hasn't the confidence to travel by himself. He'd be lost if he had to stuff like change trains or read a timetable by himself.
Edit: just found a similar scheme near me. I'm going to download one for him
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 7th Aug
2 Comments
I hope the roll this out nationwide. My son has Aspergers. He is train obsessed but hasn't the confidence to travel by himself. He'd be lost if he had to stuff like change trains or read a timetable by himself.
Edit: just found a similar scheme near me. I'm going to download one for him
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 7th Aug
Thanks I need this a lot with my learning disabilities
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions