Groups

Southgate appointed England Manager

Oh well. Can't be any worse than Allardyce. FA are safe as no one
    will want him as an after dinner speaker X) 4 year deal.

Personally, they should have waited for Wenger at the end of season.

click me

30 Comments

Same old same old

Expect them to stroll through the qualifiers & get shat on in the tournament because they are no good / get bored / miss their butlers & limo services etc

Lets hope N.I / Wales & & ROI also qualify...make the tournament interesting to follow like Euro2016
    Edited by: "Gollywood" 30th Nov 2016

Not even God is going to help this team...

Banned

Whats with all the 4 year deals?

Most of them only last one major tournament

English football is there to help the domestic players / teams NOT England's football team.

The players are way way bigger than the team & the manager....thats all the TV money talking.

I mean 17 year old nobodies are earning more than Southgate!

Southgate is a terrible manager, in the same ilk as Stuart Pearce, both loved by the fa, both shocking when it comes down to it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Hk04hIz9UENuo/giphy.gif

What's he achieved - nothing
    What's his potential - can't beat half decent teams
    What's the chance of him lasting beyond the next tournament - zero
    anyone remembering him with affection = even less

sowotsdis

What's he achieved - nothingWhat's his potential - can't beat half decent … What's he achieved - nothingWhat's his potential - can't beat half decent teamsWhat's the chance of him lasting beyond the next tournament - zeroanyone remembering him with affection = even less

Love an optimist.

Gollywood

Same old same oldExpect them to stroll through the qualifiers & get shat … Same old same oldExpect them to stroll through the qualifiers & get shat on in the tournament because they are no good / get bored / miss their butlers & limo services etcLets hope N.I / Wales & & ROI also qualify...make the tournament interesting to follow like Euro2016

just do what i do , support the team you get in a sweep at work , it always softens the blow of ENGexit X)

riverman

Love an optimist.

You know what I say...there's a fine line between genius and madman but a gaping chasm between optimist and delusional ....

Nice enough bloke, just doesn't have the charisma.

Original Poster

summerof76

What can I say........ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SgAclSkCpA:D

X) forgot about this

now I've got over the initial shock I can write why this is bad news...

0-0 against Slovenia, players were not performing (apart from Joe) but it's up to the manager to shake things up, put a couple of subs on & change formation, but he didn't

2-0 up against Spain late into the 2nd half, put a defensive midfielder on & see the game out, but he didn't I know it was only a friendly but they should've won it

Darkie concludes that the guy is just an FA yes man with no tactical awareness or plan B
    http://cdn.realcoolvideos.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/protestor-signs-6.jpg
    X)

shabbird

X) forgot about this

jez794

Southgate is a terrible manager, in the same ilk as Stuart Pearce, both … Southgate is a terrible manager, in the same ilk as Stuart Pearce, both loved by the fa, both shocking when it comes down to it.

both good at penalties

never heard of him - why don't they road-test these new managers out first?!?

Makes no difference , we simply haven't got enough world class players anyway. If the England team were a premier team they would be lucky to finish in the top 10.

davewave

never heard of him - why don't they road-test these new managers out … never heard of him - why don't they road-test these new managers out first?!?

​They did. At Middlesbrough...he relegated them from the PL

People seem to want Wenger but I doubt even he could do anything with this crop. And as an arsenal fan who the hell would we replace him with? Loew?. Not one world class player in our squad, that has never happened before. Since I was a kid there was always a gazza, a linekar, a Gerrard, an adams, a scholes, a shearer... Now we get stones, sterling and sturridge.
    Edited by: "jaydeeuk1" 30th Nov 2016

jaydeeuk1

People seem to want Wenger but I doubt even he could do anything with … People seem to want Wenger but I doubt even he could do anything with this crop. And as an arsenal fan who the hell would we replace him with? Loew?. Not one world class player in our squad, that has never happened before. Since I was a kid there was always a gazza, a linekar, a Gerrard, an adams, a scholes, a shearer... Now we get stones, sterling and sturridge.

​What did Gerrard do for England?

Gollywood

​What did Gerrard do for England?

Dunno. I remember him doing something for City X)

Great appointment.

Who else to wants it? He stood his ground over the contract with the FA so he's not a complete push over. Hopefully he brings through some of the U21s

dtovey89

Great appointment. Who else to wants it? He stood his ground over the … Great appointment. Who else to wants it? He stood his ground over the contract with the FA so he's not a complete push over. Hopefully he brings through some of the U21s

​Who wouldn't stand their ground v the FA over contracts? Just look what Roy, Fabio, Sven....even Big Scam creamed off them? The FA are virtually giving it away!

FA could've told him where to go with his demands.

International football is about the players not the manager. Do you think Chris Coleman got Wales to the semis of the euro's or did Gareth Bale?

I trust Southgate to say the right things and hopefully he can pick the right squads.

6:20

Enough said.

Win a few qualifiers, go out when we play a decent team in a tournament. Standard.

shauneco

6:20Enough said.

Just when i was coming around to liking him, like everyone is coming to like martin off im a celeb... then you send that. I remember watching that live and i've disliked him as a footballer and a manager for many many years. Cheers for that. Lets hope England never go to penalties, and if they do Mr donkey..i mean Southgate doesn't pick the players for that.

I definitely respected him as the U21 manager, but that's about it. Lets see what he can do with the big boys.
    Edited by: "J4GG4" 1st Dec 2016

J4GG4

Just when i was coming around to liking him, like everyone is coming to … Just when i was coming around to liking him, like everyone is coming to like martin off im a celeb... then you send that. I remember watching that live and i've disliked him as a footballer and a manager for many many years. Cheers for that. Lets hope England never go to penalties, and if they do Mr donkey..i mean Southgate doesn't pick the players for that.I definitely respected him as the U21 manager, but that's about it. Lets see what he can do with the big boys.

You never know, I can see us getting Germany and it going to a penalty shootout, could be redemption lol.

I think Gareth Southgate could be a good choice. I knew Sam Allerdyce was a bad decision from the start, but will see!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1417
      2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***519
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047120
      4. word association Game73944493

See more discussions