Expired

spa at butlins, skegness any good?

15 replies
Found 20th Aug 2010
hi everyone, this is my first topic, my friend has recommended you all. I am going to butlins skegness and wondered if anyone has been in the spa there? is it any good? also any tips, suggestions of what to do there? i have a 3 year old boy.
thanks

1. Misc
  2. Spa
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Spa
15 Comments

you cant take kids in the spa...

its the building that used to be the small pool. I used it when it was a pool with the kids but havent since...looks nice tho.
Edited by: "plumberman01" 20th Aug 2010

i have booked for next year,never been before but im hoping its good
superskilly may know i know she likes butlins

Original Poster

plumberman01

you cant take kids in the spa...its the building that used to be the … you cant take kids in the spa...its the building that used to be the small pool. I used it when it was a pool with the kids but havent since...looks nice tho.

thanks, know i cant take my son in with me, plan is to leave him with hubby i am looking forward to a couple of hours rest (hubby does not know about this yet!!) just not sure if to spend money going to the spa or find somewhere else to take myself off to.

cookies4u

thanks, know i cant take my son in with me, plan is to leave him with … thanks, know i cant take my son in with me, plan is to leave him with hubby i am looking forward to a couple of hours rest (hubby does not know about this yet!!) just not sure if to spend money going to the spa or find somewhere else to take myself off to.

used to use the spa at another Butlins and was lovely..i imagine it will be-i know the pool was..and they used to have good sunbeds etc
dont know what else is local to Skegness...

The nursery there is ok, you could leave your son there for a couple of hours and enjoy sometime alone with your hubby at the spa? I didn't use the spa but meant to be nice. Loads of stuff to do at butlins - you will get a whats on guide - plan your week around that.

I have great memories of Butlins in Skegness! I am part of a large family (6 in total) so family holidays were very rare when we were young. I will never forgot my dad announcing we were all going on holiday to Butlins in Skegness lol we were all mega excited - and it was just brilliant! Went another 3 times. It will be a very different place now am sure as this was 30 years ago!

The memories that have come flooding back have me lmao - the four of us squashed in the back of the car travelling down, all elbowing one another cause we just couldnt move - heads banging off one another when we were falling asleep pmsl !!!! Then the disco's - my brothers wearing their big collared shirts and flares thinking they were mega cool hahaha!!!
Edited by: "bossyboots" 20th Aug 2010

Original Poster

Shellywelly

The nursery there is ok, you could leave your son there for a couple of … The nursery there is ok, you could leave your son there for a couple of hours and enjoy sometime alone with your hubby at the spa? I didn't use the spa but meant to be nice. Loads of stuff to do at butlins - you will get a whats on guide - plan your week around that.

thanks for advise about nursery, i saw they had one but you never know with these things but if its ok i might do that its only for a couple of hours

cookies4u

thanks for advise about nursery, i saw they had one but you never know … thanks for advise about nursery, i saw they had one but you never know with these things but if its ok i might do that its only for a couple of hours

the nursery is lovely but its not free anymore...you get an hou taster free and then you have to pay. I think they have to do the hour taster before they can do a full session too.
The other thing is go to nursery on arival as they will tag your LO in case of loss lol

Banned

I live about an hour from Skeggy and avoid it like the plague

cookies4u

thanks, know i cant take my son in with me, plan is to leave him with … thanks, know i cant take my son in with me, plan is to leave him with hubby i am looking forward to a couple of hours rest (hubby does not know about this yet!!) just not sure if to spend money going to the spa or find somewhere else to take myself off to.

Typical woman lol, who cares about the hubbys wellbeing as long as you get a nice relaxing time lol.

goldmwax

I live about an hour from Skeggy and avoid it like the plague

You took the words out of my miuth!

Original Poster

ryouga

Typical woman lol, who cares about the hubbys wellbeing as long as you … Typical woman lol, who cares about the hubbys wellbeing as long as you get a nice relaxing time lol.

trust me he gets plenty of relaxing time down the pub whilst im at home with child! it will do him good to spend quality time with his son :)- sw suggested i take him with me to spa i might do that but not too sure if he would find it relaxing (bet there is no tele in there) lol

Original Poster

plumberman01

the nursery is lovely but its not free anymore...you get an hou taster … the nursery is lovely but its not free anymore...you get an hou taster free and then you have to pay. I think they have to do the hour taster before they can do a full session too.The other thing is go to nursery on arival as they will tag your LO in case of loss lol

thanks good advise will def check out nursery on arrival

We went here in April and had a fab family holiday! Kids loved it! I spent one afternoon in the spa and it was fab! Esp as no kids allowed so it was very relaxing

Banned

I stayed at Haven Mablethorpe up the road from Butlin's Skegness last week.

It was lovely.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gas Cooker Hose Required56
    2. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed428
    3. Driving anxiety.1212
    4. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.35

See more discussions