Space saving ideas anyone?

Found 21st Jan
My 8 yr old daughter has far too much stuff/toys in her room which is pretty small to be honest.
I don't really want to throw anything out so was looking for some good space saving ideas.
Girly type of shelving,storage etc.
Appreciate any ideas or links.
tia
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments
Have pretty much the same problem with mine!
She has some pretty treasure box shaped boxes which my friend bought her one birthday which really came in handy!
Other than that, periodically I ask her to grab a plastic bag and pop what she doesn't want in it to sell for her. The thought of some cash in her purse usually helps her clear out a bit!
How about something like This toy box? Doubles up as a little seat for her too.
Or another design, slightly cheaper but not as sturdy looking Here
Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 21st Jan
Broken toys thrown out, then ask if she wants to donate some toys to children who don't have any of their own? Buying storage doesn't create space - it uses it up. Ask you do is organise the toys. You can't have 'x' amount of space in a room and add a chest/wardrobe/ anything solid and have less space. It's impossible.
How much room have you got to spare? storage wardrobe £23.95 for example.
might be cheaper ones available in other colours
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 21st Jan
Depending on what type of bed frame she has , these
ikea.com/gb/…ge/

especially the Vardo ones for under bed storage are great as they are on wheels they are easy to pull out and roll back
You could replace the bed with one which has a desk, storage or play area under it. Something like
33107043-95AND.jpg

You could get some pigeon hole shelving and put crate/boxes in there and fill boxes with toys.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 21st Jan
amazon.co.uk/Cli…DME33107639-2v3ut.jpgThis kind of thing can be handy, as I find kids quite like arranging soft toys. Or, lobbing them in the air to land in the hammock without them falling out again. It keeps soft toys off the floor, too. About £5, more or less.
Have you thought of furniture hacks?
My aunt had the same problem with her kids, but she never consider it until now...They save a lot of space plus a couple of other benefits ;-)
Edited by: "iulia.stotoys" 11th Feb
Pigeon hole storage and baskets are a good idea. The upside is they make the most of available space and contents can be easily seen, the downside is anything that isn't behind doors gets quickly covered in dust. Unfortunately doors take up much needed space unless they are sliders.
Edited by: "jaketheplumber" 11th Feb
Make sure you have hooks on the backs of doors including wardrobes if possible. Hanging storage like:
or:
can be good too.
Don't know if this will work but when I was decorating my daughters bedroom I created a board on Pinterest for ideas. There is lots of great storage ideas on it. (Genius and homemade ones also)Feel free to have a look through my board
pin.it/z2p…2xx
LeahsMintytoutou35 m ago

Don't know if this will work but when I was decorating my daughters …Don't know if this will work but when I was decorating my daughters bedroom I created a board on Pinterest for ideas. There is lots of great storage ideas on it. (Genius and homemade ones also)Feel free to have a look through my board https://pin.it/z2pjkr4r5az2xx

Pinterest gives you lots of ideas, I have 2 armchairs that I want to recover and they show you how to do them without too much trouble.
aninginaneana21st Jan

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clippasafe-CL370-Corner-Toy-Hammock/dp/B000G1TDME[Image] This kind of thing can be handy, as I find kids quite like arranging soft toys. Or, lobbing them in the air to land in the hammock without them falling out again. It keeps soft toys off the floor, too. About £5, more or less.

I brought one of these from kiddicare about 3 years ago and still not got around to fixing it on the wall - guess if I really needed it for space saving it would've been up by now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants