Groups
    EXPIRED

Space Shuttle Endeavour live launch @ 09:39 GMT

Link below to the live night launch. Due for lift off at 09:39 (GMT) providing weather conditions allow. Commentary will go quiet for short periods.

Update - 09:10 - Green for launch

Update - 09:31 - Red for launch, delayed 24 hours...

25 Comments

Cheers for that.:thumbsup:

Banned

Any TV channels showing it?

Original Poster

09:22 Shuttle weather officer says we now are "red" for launch due to the low cloud ceiling.

I love stuff like this

Listening now, is the audio we are getting now live? Or are we getting a repeat of the no go audio?

gutted ...it's off

Original Poster

sparkyIreland;7774279

I love stuff like this :)Listening now, is the audio we are getting now … I love stuff like this :)Listening now, is the audio we are getting now live? Or are we getting a repeat of the no go audio?

Audios live

However as you probably just heard, launch has been scrubbed for 24 hrs due to adverse weather conditions

Sorry guy's

Original Poster

sparkyIreland;7774279

I love stuff like this

Yeah well worth watching especially T - 5 mins, the build up to launch is pretty nerve racking even for us mere mortals !

Original Poster

queenlush;7774298

gutted ...it's off

+1... cant watch it at work :x

Will it be the same time in the morning?

Original Poster

sparkyIreland;7774422

Will it be the same time in the morning?

NASA managers are deciding when to try our next launch attempt. For now, it's no earlier than Monday, Feb. 8 at 4:14a ET (09:14 GMT) Stay tuned.

zermattbusby;7774380

+1... cant watch it at work :x

Hopefully i can get it on my work computer or i will be holding the IT guy to ransom. :-D

yeah I will make the effort to be into work on time so I dont miss it

Last five missions and no replacement and NASA funding cut ( no return to the moon) by Obama.
    Thanks for the heads up; I have put a post-it on the kitchen cupboard!! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Updated weather forecast for Monday's 9:14 EST launch - 60 percent "go" with a chance once again for a low cloud ceiling.

Original Poster

07:45 All 6 astronauts are aboard Endeavour and the hatch is closed.

Banned

zermattbusby;7782572

07:45 All 6 astronauts are aboard Endeavour and the hatch is closed.

They should have booked first class..... Economy always loads first and has the longest wait! :w00t:

I'd love to be over there. It genuinely is a special sight (and sound!). I've not had the pleasure of seeing a shuttle launch, but did see a larger rocket go up many moons again. Always vowed to see another if one is launching when Im in Orlando.

im logged in and off work I wonder would the PS3 load this page with sound?

heavens-above.com/

The above website gives details of when to see the ISS, with some clear nights forecast there should be some good views of the International Space Station.

All went well for them so far, that is good Scary stuff

pugw$sh;7782789

http://www.heavens-above.com/The above website gives details of when to … http://www.heavens-above.com/The above website gives details of when to see the ISS, with some clear nights forecast there should be some good views of the International Space Station.

Just having a look at that now, I take it its just a matter of following the path on the map and that and the combination of it being dark and it heading our way we might see it?

I see its heading towards south america right now, and from the tracker shes is moving at speed

here is a cool interatctive vid of the ISS

i.usatoday.net/tec…htm

I have been doing a bit of digging about, the ISS should be visable at 6:20 in the mornin for 3 minutes to the SSW head to the SE, I am gonna get out of bed and have a look

Original Poster

Cheers sparky thanks for that :thumbsup: unfortunately I missed the live launch (meeting :x)

No probs, found this useful also :

spaceflight1.nasa.gov/rea…tml

Clicking on Sighting Opportunities then select country then town and it will tell you when the ISS & the shuttle are visible, will let yas know if I see anything (Probably not)

Goodluck

Edit :

Well my local weather forecast said it would be a clear sky at 6:20, I stupidly listened and got up like a clown for a peep Sky was full of clouds, pitty, I could have seen the ISS then the shuttle 5 minutes later. Try again tomorrow.

seen the ISS thismorning, was excellent and right on time (6:42am). I was expecting to see the shuttle following behind but it had docked already, so I suppose I seen both.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Chromecast11
      2. Apple Watch Series 3 EE Contract Cost518
      3. Ditched Sky55
      4. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?22

See more discussions