Spain sack manager 2 days before the WC kick off against portugal!

Found 13th Jun
crazy but i can understand why they decided to sack him, real madrid should be getting hate from the spanish fans not the spanish FA or whatever they are called.

Wonder if this will have an effrct on spain in the world cup? i reckon it will and the opening game against portugal is gonna be difficult.
Community Updates
Misc
15 Comments
What an absolute mess! Although I hear fat Sam is currently on holiday in Spain and available
It's crazy. Glad my money isn't on Spain to win the WC. Come on France!
To be honest - Real Madrid and the manager himself are the bad guys here.
Why announce it like that and why wouldn’t he discuss with Spanish FA?
I agree with the statement that they had no choice.
Who and how will they replace him?
Timing is awful? What were Madrid playing at???
Disgraceful behaviour from both Real Madrid and himself. Real Madrid should be punished by La Liga for tapping him up.
.MUFC.1 h, 3 m ago

Disgraceful behaviour from both Real Madrid and himself. Real Madrid …Disgraceful behaviour from both Real Madrid and himself. Real Madrid should be punished by La Liga for tapping him up.

Spanish football and their whiter than white aren't we amazing and ethical image has taken a hammering over recent years - barca proved to be as bad if not worst than the rest with their tax evasion and nonsense off the pitch - Real have always seemed to be a dodgy business to me - I imagine they wanted to attract targets with the announcement but its backfired.
.MUFC.1 h, 33 m ago

Disgraceful behaviour from both Real Madrid and himself. Real Madrid …Disgraceful behaviour from both Real Madrid and himself. Real Madrid should be punished by La Liga for tapping him up.

Agreed.
And be made to drop all interest in David de Gea.
Plus sell Ronny and Bale to UTD for 50p each.
In this crazy world! I wouldn’t be surprised if they won it go stick a tenner on it!
Hierro has been apointed manager... dunno what experience he has as a manager.
Snakeyes64611 m ago

Hierro has been apointed manager... dunno what experience he has as a …Hierro has been apointed manager... dunno what experience he has as a manager.

Great player!
Snakeyes64638 m ago

Hierro has been apointed manager... dunno what experience he has as a …Hierro has been apointed manager... dunno what experience he has as a manager.

33999343-Zct8F.jpg
Snakeyes64651 m ago

He is sporting director or something - tbh - with squad picked and 24 hours until it all kicks off - it’s a genius appointment- someone from inside the camp that is also a name.

Best of a bad situation
.MUFC.10 h, 42 m ago

What can we expect from a club that has Ramos te allinwrestler as captain

Real Madrid have no standards.
Perfect excuse if Spain get an early exit though.

Can England sack Southgate before their first game?
It may not of entirely been Real Madrids fault?

Maybe the agents forgot to stick that "keep quiet till his current job has finished" clause into the contract / agreement during negotiations.
deleted1431257
I would be very surprised seeing Lopetegui’s managerial track record if that’s the only sacking he receives this year, Florentino Perez is usually ruthless unless the manager is a “favourite” (like Zidane. Glad that he did the UEFA Champions League treble but if he wasn’t a “favourite” he would have definitely been sacked between January-February). Real Madrid are in the beginning of a rebuilding stage.
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 14th Jun
deleted143125714th Jun

I would be very surprised seeing Lopetegui’s managerial track record if t …I would be very surprised seeing Lopetegui’s managerial track record if that’s the only sacking he receives this year, Florentino Perez is usually ruthless unless the manager is a “favourite” (like Zidane. Glad that he did the UEFA Champions League treble but if he wasn’t a “favourite” he would have definitely been sacked between January-February). Real Madrid are in the beginning of a rebuilding stage.

No way he can follow what ZZ did - even ZZ couldn’t follow it which is why he left.... this guy won’t be there next summer.

Agree with Jan sacking for ZZ - anyone else out after that defeat!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions