Expired

spainish car hire (alicante - la marina)

Found 2nd Apr 2014
We will be in La Marina for 2 weeks end of May start of June and need to hire a car but I have read very little on the internet that is positive about the Spanish car hire experience. There seems to be a lot of overcharging, deliberately misleading advice, unfair fuel policies, excessive airport waits etc etc. Can any one genuinely recommend a car hire company in Spain
Community Updates
AskCarCar HireSpain
9 Comments
You can book here with economycarhire.com always good service and importantly NO excess to pay, some companies have excess of over €1000 and a small bump will take a big chunk of your holiday cash.
when i fly into murcia or alicante i go with gold car they always seem the cheapest
doyouspain.com/

always email me offering car hire at roughly £5 per day
celticjoe

when i fly into murcia or alicante i go with gold car they always seem … when i fly into murcia or alicante i go with gold car they always seem the cheapest

You must work for them.

They have dire reviews;

tripadvisor.co.uk/Sho…tml
Often use Centauro.No problems,Yes the fuel policies are a rip-off unless you plan to do a lot of miles
Have you had a look at the Martin Lewis site? He did a program recently on car hire abroad and paying for the insurance.
I've used both Goldcar and Centauro. Goldcar do not have a refund fuel policy and therefore I have been stung by them and now I only ever use Centauro. Centauro have a fuel policy that they will refund you, however it does take a few weeks. Both companies have an office at the airport and both keep their cars in the multi-storey carpark.
Depending on the hire car price I would certainly recommend Centauro. Book via their website, if meanwhile prices change before your holiday just cancel the booking and rebook. I'm flying out to Alicante Monday for 2 weeks and last month was quoted €25 per day for a ford Focus, this week the price has been reduced to €6 per day.
Centauro do ask for a credit card to cover extra insurance around €600 but this has never been taken.
Original Poster
thanks for the responses. literally just booked with economycarhire and drivalia. £158 for a ford fusion (was gonna get a fiesta but needed more boot space for a pram we are hiring out there.) I booked annual car hire excess insurance (Europe only) for £34 through mse. decided to do full empty as needed 2nd driver which is free with economycarhire but c.40euro through drivalia direct. expecting 45l of fuel to be approx. 90euro (should be closer to 60) will see how I get on. goldcar seemed to have awful reviews but looked at centauro for ages. same car would have been 280euro on airport but could have done full full and express check in for 30euro. drivalia was about £40 extra for full full. fingers crossed
Centauro
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants