spam calls

Found 5th Jan
i just got call from robot call people about car accident, , if you keep saying hello, it connects you to, what you could call human,

i informed him i am with tps, and he then goes on to say, have you had accident or not with a bit of attitude.

i tell him don't give me that attitude as you called me., then he hung up.

as it a 02 number, i am guessing uk

surely there must be something we can do

i tell him d

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
18 Comments

The only thing that you can do really is report the calls to the ICO - ico.org.uk/con…es/

If they are calling and saying something along the lines of "We have been passed on your details as you have recently been in an accident" when they haven't and they are clearly chancing it then what they are doing is illegal. By reporting it to the ICO hopefully they can do something i.e. fine the company/companies who make these calls.
Edited by: "RossD89" 5th Jan

Original Poster

so next time there call i got to ask how there got details

Are you with BT?

BT customers plagued by nuisance calls on their home phone are now able to divert them to an email-style 'junk' voicemail inbox.

moneysavingexpert.com/new…ers

Original Poster

maybe the companies who sell data should also get fined,

Original Poster

LemonHead2 m ago

Are you with BT?BT customers plagued by nuisance calls on their home phone …Are you with BT?BT customers plagued by nuisance calls on their home phone are now able to divert them to an email-style 'junk' voicemail inbox.https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2017/01/bt-home-phone-customer-you-can-now-opt-in-to-its-free-spam-calls-filter-to-escape-nuisance-callers

mobile phone, i used to never have spam calls on mobile but since Last year, there been popping up

jonmarz895 m ago

so next time there call i got to ask how there got details

No. If you ask they will most likely lie anyway. That's if they don't hang up first.

If they or another company call again just report it.

jonmarz898 m ago

mobile phone, i used to never have spam calls on mobile but since Last …mobile phone, i used to never have spam calls on mobile but since Last year, there been popping up

In that case download truecaller: caller ID & dialler from Google Play.

play.google.com/sto…ler

we used to get so many spam calls to our landline, including a few crank calls even though we were ex directory. i unplugged the landline as i was fed up with crank calls in the middle of the night when i am asleep. i started to put the phone on silent at night but then i kept forgetting to put it back on ringer in the morning when i got up.

now i only use the mobile and don't miss the landline phone at all. i rarely get spam calls on my mobile but my husband used to get a lot of them and text messages. he still gets them, although not as much as he used to. he thinks that his number is sold on by betfair. i think certain companies sell your numbers on so if you are unlucky and get one of those you will be inundated with spam calls.

as he no longer gamble as much as he used to, the spam calls and text messages have reduced significantly.

Original Poster

mattsk27 m ago

use thishttp://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.htmlit should eliminate 95% …use thishttp://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.htmlit should eliminate 95% of spam calls

i did haha

Original Poster

mutley17 m ago

we used to get so many spam calls to our landline, including a few crank …we used to get so many spam calls to our landline, including a few crank calls even though we were ex directory. i unplugged the landline as i was fed up with crank calls in the middle of the night when i am asleep. i started to put the phone on silent at night but then i kept forgetting to put it back on ringer in the morning when i got up.now i only use the mobile and don't miss the landline phone at all. i rarely get spam calls on my mobile but my husband used to get a lot of them and text messages. he still gets them, although not as much as he used to. he thinks that his number is sold on by betfair. i think certain companies sell your numbers on so if you are unlucky and get one of those you will be inundated with spam calls.as he no longer gamble as much as he used to, the spam calls and text messages have reduced significantly.

yep, i used quite a few companies last year so i reckon it's been sold, usually my phone picks up that the phone is spam and quilt good, but this must be a new number of spam.

its the attitude of the guy when i didn't even call, too many scammers these days

jonmarz8937 m ago

yep, i used quite a few companies last year so i reckon it's been sold, …yep, i used quite a few companies last year so i reckon it's been sold, usually my phone picks up that the phone is spam and quilt good, but this must be a new number of spam.its the attitude of the guy when i didn't even call, too many scammers these days

I also leave my landline phone unplugged now as I keep getting phone calls for Robert Sharkey. Annoying when you're sleeping after a night shift. I've also got into the habit of giving out my mobile number now instead as well.

The truecaller app I posted above also blocks spam messages as well though you can also send spammers numbers to VSPAM as well. I'm not actually sure if this service is still available as I've not had to use it for ages. If it is, just send the number of the spam text message.

Also, with the truecaller app if you go to settings and click Block you can also opt to have unidentified hidden numbers blocked as well.

VSPAM number are as follows:

Orange, O2, T-Mobile and Three: Forward the SMS to 7726

Vodafone: Forward the SMS to VSPAM (87726)
Edited by: "LemonHead" 5th Jan

Have a look at the following as well. Do bear in mind, sometimes when you're ordering things online you may need to give your telephone number, especially if the company you order from needs to contact you before a delivery or whatever.

truecall38.co.uk/

What time did you get these spam call, at lunch time?

Just tell them to FO and put the phone down.

I had the same problem with spam calls on land line, Was getting 3 a day. So i got a cpr callblocker. Works a treat but you need to have caller display activated on your line.

I just say - "Yes now that you mention it, I have and my neck hurts really bad..." Then hang up I don't hear from them again.

Anybody know of an iOS app that can stop those type of calls?

INDUSTRYHATER57 m ago

Anybody know of an iOS app that can stop those type of calls?

Does this help at all?

support.apple.com/en-…099

You may want to have a look at the following as well for spam text messages.

Unfortunately many companies use multiple Sims to send spam, so blocking one doesn't necessarily mean you won't hear from them again. If you do it to every sender you get something from it will at least give them one less channel through which to contact you

support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201229

And for anybody else who wants to stop spam texts, the following link is for the latest article from mse which also includes VSPAM as mentioned above. It also appears that you can now use 7726 for all providers, so omit the 8 if on Vodafone.

moneysavingexpert.com/phones/stop-spam-texts
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants