Groups

spam email

this is frustrating now, some spam cannot be blocked as it's says not a valid address! so why was it sent to me in the first place?
    Also my block list must be huge, need to upgrade to an i7 to get throught it!

9 Comments

Can't you block the spam at the servers end?

Same here

Predikuesi

Can't you block the spam at the servers end?

How? Can you please explain.....

servers use heuristic scanning - they don't just look for a 'valid' sender address, but also at the content and where it came from etc so they are a lot more effective...

Try taking your own email address off of your 'safe recipients' list in your mail settings.

Spammers now are adding your address to the 'from' field which takes priority over your spam filter.

You won't be able to send emails to yourself if you do this though.

ash143

How? Can you please explain.....

I use gmail, but I expect most email servers have the same ability. I log on to my account at gmail (by the web), go to settings, then create a filter, and choose delete / trash for whenever the spam comes in. If you get a lot of spam it will take some time set this up. I have about a hundred filters set up and rarely get spam emails now.

http://a68.tinypic.com/rk1ys1.jpg

Original Poster

Predikuesi

I use gmail, but I expect most email servers have the same ability. I log … I use gmail, but I expect most email servers have the same ability. I log on to my account at gmail (by the web), go to settings, then create a filter, and choose delete / trash for whenever the spam comes in. If you get a lot of spam it will take some time set this up. I have about a hundred filters set up and rarely get spam emails now.

thx, I can do that, just like manually adding to my blocked senders list.

Predikuesi

I use gmail, but I expect most email servers have the same ability. I log … I use gmail, but I expect most email servers have the same ability. I log on to my account at gmail (by the web), go to settings, then create a filter, and choose delete / trash for whenever the spam comes in. If you get a lot of spam it will take some time set this up. I have about a hundred filters set up and rarely get spam emails now.

Thanks !

the thing that annoys me most is the spam i'm getting on my phone calendar. Spam invites. Very irritating.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2957
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764181
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846148
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17406142

See more discussions