Spam SMS from Three?

Posted 17th Feb
Wife has had this message today:

Your debit details have failed, please update at 3three-support.co.uk today to prevent service disconnection. The website is very authentic looking and has a valid SSL certificate.

We don't have an account with Three anymore.

I've done a Nominet search and the domain was only registered today: whois-search.com/who….uk

Any ideas?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
Fake domain, don’t enter your details in.
No. Yes; blag.
Had same last week from EE scam
Clear cut scam.
You don't have an account with Three, but your direct debit payment to them failed, and the website was set up today. Hmmm, let me think.....

SCAM!!!!!!
Edited by: "cis_groupie" 17th Feb
I get the same from Revolut, Monzo, EE and PayPal.
In all seriousness, if you are unsure then phone your provider. They won't mind you calling to check; in fact they would prefer you to call as it potentially saves them a lot of grief & paperwork.
darkfrost117/02/2020 12:05

Fake domain, don’t enter your details in.

cis_groupie17/02/2020 13:49

You don't have an account with Three, but your direct debit payment to …You don't have an account with Three, but your direct debit payment to them failed, and the website was set up today. Hmmm, let me think.....SCAM!!!!!!

McShane117/02/2020 13:52

I get the same from Revolut, Monzo, EE and PayPal.

cis_groupie17/02/2020 13:52

In all seriousness, if you are unsure then phone your provider. They …In all seriousness, if you are unsure then phone your provider. They won't mind you calling to check; in fact they would prefer you to call as it potentially saves them a lot of grief & paperwork.

The only thing that made me pause for a moment was that the message came from 3Three not a mobile number. Just felt a little more professional, especially with the SSL certificate. I have been a customer in the past but equally, wanted to make sure I've not been a victim of ID fraud and a real account set up using my details.
miffyl17/02/2020 14:26

The only thing that made me pause for a moment was that the message came …The only thing that made me pause for a moment was that the message came from 3Three not a mobile number. Just felt a little more professional, especially with the SSL certificate. I have been a customer in the past but equally, wanted to make sure I've not been a victim of ID fraud and a real account set up using my details.

It's just scammers trying their luck. I'm not an EE member but get texts from them. You can easily spoof where the texts come from as well, all the ones I have from Revolut and Monzo, say the actual names and not numbers either. Just don't click anything and you'll be fine.
Reported to Google and mozilla.

Hopefully it will be flagged when you visit it soon.
they are doing the rounds by the look of it. had one for EE recently.
mutley117/02/2020 15:27

they are doing the rounds by the look of it. had one for EE recently.

Yeah, I had an EE one but it came from a number rather than a name which is what threw me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants