Sparse Image Bundle... anyone know what it is?

11 replies
Found 27th Mar 2011
On my Macbook, taking a whopping 74GB!!!

Can I delete it.... looks like a load of code, any info would be great

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

A quick google indicates that it's probably a backup image of your hard disk, something to do with Time Machine? I'm not really a Mac person, but I'm sure someone else can confirm/deny?

Original Poster

My time machine has never been set up, so I can't understand it, I so want to click delete but reading some parts of google it says don't I only have pictures and music on here so I have no idea why it would take up 74gb! Thanks for your help

Maybe it automatically allocates x amount of your hard disk space for backing up? It would make sense, they presume everyone wants to protect their data!

Off topic btw, but are you still looking for Crash Team Racing? Saw someone selling it in FS/FT and remembered you!

cookiemonster83

and remembered you!

Most people remember her

dcx_badass

Not protecting your data if its backed up on the PC itself is it.

Erm, good point. Shut up!

Do you have filevault enabled?

If so, do NOT delete it!

Banned

en.wikipedia.org/wik…age

that should explain most of it from what I've read, I wouldn't delete it

It does have to do with time machine, i think it's a part needed if your running snow leopard i think, i remember faffing about with it when i was trying to get mine to back up to my hard drive
Edited by: "skellysgirl" 27th Mar 2011

Original Poster

Filevault is enabled yea, so I have to lose this 74gb for something I really don't want?

Thanks for your help everyone.

&& cookie I am still after that game, dont suppose you could find a link for it please

*katie*

Filevault is enabled yea, so I have to lose this 74gb for something I … Filevault is enabled yea, so I have to lose this 74gb for something I really don't want?Thanks for your help everyone.&& cookie I am still after that game, dont suppose you could find a link for it please

hotukdeals.com/for…43/

There you go I presume its Crash Team Racing anyway, can't think what other game CTR would be!!

*katie*

Filevault is enabled yea, so I have to lose this 74gb for something I … Filevault is enabled yea, so I have to lose this 74gb for something I really don't want?

With Filevault enabled, it creates an encrypted image for your home directory. Basically all your usual documents, music, movies and pictures folders live inside this image. That 74Gb is all your own files!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)22
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition52480
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33
    4. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums11

See more discussions