Groups
    EXPIRED

speaker cable

I've been gifted my mum's old hi fi system, but the copper cables which connect to the speakers are a little short.

can anyone point me in the direction of a cost effective speaker cable supplier?

7 Comments

See rolls of it in poundland yes £1

Is this a mini/midi system or separates and what brand/model please?

Original Poster

andythebrave;4431982

Is this a mini/midi system or separates and what brand/model please?

it's a biggie, seperate decks for amp, tape, radio, cd etc but i only tend to use it as an amp/speakers for the TV as i stream all my content to the modded xbox.

the amp is a sony TAFA3es - it was bought back in the 90's

Well, Poundland cable will work but with a Sony amplifier, even an old-ish one, it's probably worth shelling out a little bit more. Not too much though as it's just for the TV so perhaps QED 79 strand at £1.46 per metre with free delivery here homecinemauser.co.uk/pro…1_0

Hi, Just laid out my living room before getting new floor laid this weekend - bought the speaker cable from Argos, great quality, really well covered and tested great. It was £9.99 for 10 metres which left me with enough for a couple of further replacements. Here is the link if you need it.
    argos.co.uk/web…gt;

Get yourself down to richersounds. Dont use poundland cable its ****. Depends on how much you want to spend but at 99p a meter Gale symphony cable is decent. Or Symphony 300 (what i use) is brilliant. Check out this link:

richersounds.com/pro…LS2

Original Poster

thanks guys, i got some cable from richersounds
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767192
      2. word association Game73844459
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424114479
      4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?714

See more discussions