Found 15th Nov 2010
Hi

I have just used this speaker cable

tlc-direct.co.uk/Pro…tml

to set up my new receiver and speakers.

I am getting a loud hissing noise from one of the speakers and I wonder whether this cable is of high enough quality.

Would someone with more knowledge please let me know.

Thanks

1. Misc
  2. Speakers
7 Comments

Its not amazing quality cable, but then cable won't be the cause of the loud hissing noise...

(and this should be in misc, not feedback!)
Edited by: "jah128" 15th Nov 2010

If in doubt, try the cable from a working speaker on the one that is hissing.

Original Poster

OK will do, does anyone have any recommendations for better quality cable.

What else could cause the hissing

Thanks
Edited by: "danandrews80" 15th Nov 2010

Jah128 is quite right, whatever is causing your hissing, it is not likely to be down to the cable quality. You could check you have the correct polarity on the cable connections and check the polarity on all other connections on the audio device you have these speakers connected to, including any input feed to the reciever.

A cobra?

Guys, i just purchased the sony str-dh810 av receiver
richersounds.com/pro…810
and
richersounds.com/pro…blk

can i get away with a normal speaker cable or do i really need to spend some more money? I will need about 3-4m each for the front speakers and atleast 40m for the back speakers - so about 50m in total

MANJ_007

Guys, i just purchased the sony str-dh810 av receiver … Guys, i just purchased the sony str-dh810 av receiver http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/sony/strdh810/sony-strdh810andhttp://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/boston-/soundware-xs/bost-acous-sw-xs-blkcan i get away with a normal speaker cable or do i really need to spend some more money? I will need about 3-4m each for the front speakers and atleast 40m for the back speakers - so about 50m in total

Anyone know?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57581
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions