Groups

Speaker Problems

Got Logitech X230 speakers.

Whenever I play any sound either online or offline, the sound seems to stutter and sounds like it is trying to gargle water whilst playing music. Even happens when CPU load is only at about 10%

Using Win7. Help please?

This thread is OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL. Please do not post in any unofficial speaker problems threads as this may cause problems to your health.They are only cheap imitations.

15 Comments

Banned

what software?

Delete and re-install Realtek drivers?
    (Everyone seems to have Realtek onboard these days...)

Have you tested another pair of speakers on it?

Banned

install better drivers.

Original Poster

csiman

what software?

Happens with everything, Youtube, iTunes, Spotify, VLC.

MBeeching

Delete and re-install Realtek drivers?(Everyone seems to have Realtek … Delete and re-install Realtek drivers?(Everyone seems to have Realtek onboard these days...)Have you tested another pair of speakers on it?

Yeah definitely not the speakers.
    vibeone

install better drivers.

Auto-detecting the drivers says the best and most recent drivers are installed. Or does it just have a habit of feeding me BS?

Banned

csiman

what software?

MBeeching

Delete and re-install Realtek drivers?(Everyone seems to have Realtek … Delete and re-install Realtek drivers?(Everyone seems to have Realtek onboard these days...)Have you tested another pair of speakers on it?

vibeone

install better drivers.

It lies.

is it realtek? Download from their site

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Wtf is auto detecting the drivers, anyway go to the manufacturers site.

When installing drivers, theres an option to check your hard drive for the driver file or let it automatically serach online for latest drivers. This is what I would call 'auto-detect'.

I don't think this option is avaliable on Windows 95 so this could be why you're not familiar with it.

vibeone

It lies.is it realtek? Download from their site

OK, will give it a bash later.

96.9376575743625471619464981655% sure its realtek.

i have a similar problem on an Advent laptop,whenever i try to listen through headphones i get a like a high pitch whining sound(its not the missus as ive tried it with her out the room!).. after a bit of research it seem its just a poorly designed laptop and seems the audio picks up interference from the rest of the gubbins inside.

Banned

dcx_badass

Wtf is auto detecting the drivers, anyway go to the manufacturers site.

vibeone

It lies.is it realtek? Download from their site

Ignore DCX, he's computer illiterate, or at least still using Windows 95

yep crappy WDM driver, urgh

they usually end up using conflicting IRQ channels which is why the sound is stuttered

Original Poster

dcx_badass

That's not auto detect, it's crappy windows drivers that are always years … That's not auto detect, it's crappy windows drivers that are always years old and is useless.

You may be right but this doesn't detract from the fact that it is decting them automatically, hence the use of the word 'auto-detect'.

Do you see how I did that?

If not I can send you a more detailed explanation to you via internet. Are you aware of the internet? I can post you a floppy disk with the text document on it if you'd prefer.

Banned

dcx_badass

I don't know why you're trying to act all computer savvy and suggest I'm … I don't know why you're trying to act all computer savvy and suggest I'm not, just I'm not the one moaning on the forums about having stuttering sound. Just sayin'.

He's not suggesting your not computer savvy.

It's me suggesting that.

Actually I'm not suggesting though - I'm telling you.

Original Poster

dcx_badass

I don't know why you're trying to act all computer savvy and suggest I'm … I don't know why you're trying to act all computer savvy and suggest I'm not, just I'm not the one moaning on the forums about having stuttering sound. Just sayin'.

I only questioned your ability to interpret the English language. Although in light of other threads I am now questioning your photography knowledge.

VB1 questioned your knowledge of Computers.

We both have valid reasons.

Banned

To be fair potato, I question his expertise in ANY field you care to name, and indeed his sanity. He's extremely quick to cry in every thread he posts in, but doesn't appear to show a great deal of intelligence in any of his posts.

Banned

Unistall your drivers and use the ones on the realtek website /thread

and.............................
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)15
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764449
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …26
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.1523

See more discussions