Groups
    EXPIRED

Speaker solution for PS3

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution for getting some decent sound out of my PS3. I mainly use it to stream music as it is in my gym. I want something with an optical input but it doesn't necessarily need to be 5.1. I don't need a DVD player either..

14 Comments

]http//ww…bar

Fantastic sound from one of these.....

Original Poster

rob585;5483650

]http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/8142895/Samsung-YA-SBR510-Hyper-3CH-Soundbar/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0&source=5065&engine=froogle_electronics&keyword=Samsung+YA-SBR510+Hyper+3CH+Soundbar#Fantastic sound from one of these.....

Have you got one of these then? Does it take batteries or can you charge it via usb? How loud is it??

Product Codes:
    YASBR510

Samsung YA-SBR510B 3 Channel Surround Speaker with Bluetooth

The Samsung YASBR150 is the first 2.1 channel bluetooth speaker in the world. With a large power output for a multimedia speaker of 30W you can listen to tunes from your bluetooth comapitble phone of laptop in great quality, anywhere in the home.

Product Features
    Excellent Sound Quality
    Hyper 3 Channel Speaker
    30W (10W x 3)
    Auto Seamless Playback with Bluetooth 2.0
    Auto Volume Control with Bluetooth Phone
    Wave LED Light
    Compatible with Various Devices via Bluetooth, Opticia, USB, and AVX Connection
    Ideal Second Room/PC HTS Audio Solution

Does not take batteries though but unless you wanna take your PS3 and telly out to the garden then its really a home speaker.

Original Poster

Sorry am confused. Does this connect to my ps3 via bluetooth or optical?

optical.......

so this connects to ps3 via optical?
    what size is this, anyone know?
    why is it advertised as bluetooth if its optical then......

Original Poster

I see! It doesn't amplify the sound in any way though does it? As I plan to use this in the Gym, I need it to be fairly loud (my treadmill makes a right racket!) and the issue I have at the moment is speakers don't tend to be loud enough.. Any comments?

Also, this seems to be discontinued in a lot of places. Is there a newer model out? I must admit, I do like the option of bluetooth..

i think if normal speakers are not loud enough then this is probably not gonna be what you need. for my living room/diner which is around 25ft x 15ft it is more than enough.....i got mine a year ago for 99 but not sure why many places no longer sell it......it does quite nicely for me and my ipod or mobile...

amazon.....£70

zuccho;5509889

amazon.....£70

£77 inc p+p great price...

just bought mine off ebay for £50 inc. postage...
    anyone know if the sound is good out of these, can't find any reviews??
    just bought off your guys reccomendations

63.95 on amazon now......
    used...like new

zuccho;5531279

just bought mine off ebay for £50 inc. postage...anyone know if the sound … just bought mine off ebay for £50 inc. postage...anyone know if the sound is good out of these, can't find any reviews??just bought off your guys reccomendations

They give an excellent sound in my opinion. Did you get yours new or second hand for that price?

I use mine for my ipod mainy 3.5mm in via a ipod dock adaptor. the bluetooth adaptor that comes free for your ipod is very good aswell. I am thinking about plugging in my PS3 and see what the sound is like via optical.

They give an excellent sound in my opinion. Did you get yours new or … They give an excellent sound in my opinion. Did you get yours new or second hand for that price?

yeah new for that...just searched around for a while....good sound from ps3 just not sure whether its best plugged in via optical to my PS3 or HDTV?? would there be a difference?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free Codes from EGX66
      2. One for the mathmeticians1829
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767422
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2645

See more discussions