Found 26th Feb 2009
Hi everyone. I recently bought a new Sony TV and PS3 and am now looking for Sony speaker system. I found many online but they all seem to include either a DVD or Blu-ray player. Are there any out there that just comes with 5.1 speakers and amplifier because I would prefer to just use my PS3 for DVD and blu-ray playback. Thanks for any help!

3 Comments

Hi man, I say this to all my friends who have ever looked.

Logitech z5500's. Price is sub £200 and they are THX certified.

Admittedly not Sony like you were thinking, but the speakers are small enough to not be intrusive, and the sub, although a little heavy, is immense. Plugged as PC speakers but have all the connections you need and sit really well with a big ol' tv.

Had mine for 2 years and haven't even considered replacing them.

Hope this helps.

Original Poster

jinjernuts;4494715

Hi man, I say this to all my friends who have ever looked.Logitech … Hi man, I say this to all my friends who have ever looked.Logitech z5500's. Price is sub £200 and they are THX certified.Admittedly not Sony like you were thinking, but the speakers are small enough to not be intrusive, and the sub, although a little heavy, is immense. Plugged as PC speakers but have all the connections you need and sit really well with a big ol' tv.Had mine for 2 years and haven't even considered replacing them.Hope this helps.

Thanks! Will have a look into that!

TBH you can do so much better than Sony when it comes to speakers. A decent AV receiver and a similar standard speaker set is obtainable for around £250-£300. Look out especially for Denon and Yamaha receivers and Tannoy and Kef speakers.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Foo fighters presale code.98
    2. Is there an official Disability ID card ?1531
    3. Why was the deal I just posted removed?56
    4. Whey protien34

See more discussions