Groups

Speaker Wireing Help

i have a Cambridge audio 540r amp with kef q35 bi-wired but no bi-amped and q15 rears do i need them bi-wired too or will it not make much of a difference also would this cable be too thin for good quality sound tinyurl.com/cmc5bj

Thanks in Advance

10 Comments

Other half is the techy in this house- he's telling me what to type

he says you have a nice Amp, nice speakers, using cheap cable will ruin it

We have Yamaha Amp capable of bi-wiring and Monitor Audio Speakers (front & rear+Sub)
    Biwiring these hasnt made alot of difference so he suggests stick to straight wiring with decent cable like -
    QED (but its alot more than the stuff your link is showing, he describes that as bell wire lol)

he suggests you take a look at Audiovisual Online
    ]http//ww…uk/

i work with pa systems every day, to be honest, i dont think you will notice the difference between cheap wire and expensive stuff. most dont.

oh, and this stuff is fine yo uposted.

Original Poster

two completely different answers lol i think ill look at some half decent cheap bi-wire lol, thanks Wenchybev

some people CAN hear a difference....some CANT...like me lol. looking at better cable wont exactly harm your set up will it lol. So go for it.

Original Poster

shanecr;4848600

some people CAN hear a difference....some CANT...like me lol. looking at … some people CAN hear a difference....some CANT...like me lol. looking at better cable wont exactly harm your set up will it lol. So go for it.

it might not harm my set up, but it harms my wallet lol

If i get time i'll post photos of our wires tomorrow (were decorating at the mo and have builders putting up scaffolding tomorrow outside so cant promise) but we spent a fortune changing wires to get the best sound and other half says your doing the right thing going for something better. He still says youd be mad to use the wire you posted.

Wendy

scott160592;4848726

it might not harm my set up, but it harms my wallet lol

If you were worried about your wallet you'd be listening to an ALBA radio/cd player :roll:

Original Poster

Wenchybev;4848856

If you were worried about your wallet you'd be listening to an ALBA … If you were worried about your wallet you'd be listening to an ALBA radio/cd player :roll:

you have a point there but im not paying like £40+ for some speaker cable

cables are one of the industries biggest money makers. dont bother, the stuff you posted is fine. try it.

Original Poster

aircanman;4864112

cables are one of the industries biggest money makers. dont bother, the … cables are one of the industries biggest money makers. dont bother, the stuff you posted is fine. try it.

Ill give it a try for a few quid
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927367
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2344
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047133
      4. Spotify Family Premium share718

See more discussions