Groups
    EXPIRED

Speakers for my computer

I just purchased this monitor: hotukdeals.com/ite…n-m because I want to start watching movies on my computer (I ripped all my DVDs to digitilise my collection) and so want some good speakers to go with it. All I use my computer for is playing music, games and watching films.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

12 Comments

]These are very good sound quality

Original Poster

Thanks for your quick response (repped!) but I was looking for something a little cheaper, say at £30-£50. Any thoughts?

Edit: tempted by the ]cheaper version, are these good value for money/the best I can hope for with my budget?

I like the look of ]these but have no experience with them am considering them for myself though

Original Poster

Do you need any special requirements from your monitor/computer to run a 5.1 system? What about cables? This will be the first time I have ever used speakers other than a Dell soundbar, so im somewhat out of my depth here!

Thanks,
    Chris

Creature II by JBL.
    Superb sound, use iPod as well. I have recommend about 30 sets of these and every one is amazed, hear your music like never before. Worth paying the bit more than you want to for these. You will thank me. I have 3 sets in my house, last set cost me £30.00 by shopping around. Think creature III is on the way so II may go down in price, do it you will not be disappointed.

jbl.com/EN-…HTE

Come in White, Black, Silver

CReilly;7616435

Do you need any special requirements from your monitor/computer to run a … Do you need any special requirements from your monitor/computer to run a 5.1 system? What about cables? This will be the first time I have ever used speakers other than a Dell soundbar, so im somewhat out of my depth here!Thanks,Chris

The monitor has nothing to do with it, you plug your speakers into the computer.

5.1 is usually three 3.5mm jacks (& 3 cables) and most desktop computers of the last few years except very low end ones will have them (although some double as microphone/line in).

Original Poster

EndlessWaves;7617125

The monitor has nothing to do with it, you plug your speakers into the … The monitor has nothing to do with it, you plug your speakers into the computer. 5.1 is usually three 3.5mm jacks (& 3 cables) and most desktop computers of the last few years except very low end ones will have them (although some double as microphone/line in).

Thanks! You always pop up in my threads to offer some advice

Original Poster

memememe;7616820

Creature II by JBL. Superb sound, use iPod as well. I have recommend … Creature II by JBL. Superb sound, use iPod as well. I have recommend about 30 sets of these and every one is amazed, hear your music like never before. Worth paying the bit more than you want to for these. You will thank me. I have 3 sets in my house, last set cost me £30.00 by shopping around. Think creature III is on the way so II may go down in price, do it you will not be disappointed. http://www.jbl.com/EN-GB/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?PID=CREATUREIIWHTECome in White, Black, Silver

Any idea of the launch date for the new ones? Wouldnt mind getting the older ones cheaper then, £70 is really quite a bit more than I wanted to pay..

bought mine from Comet 1 week ago absolutely brilliant for £35 Phillips branded 60 w and plug straight into laptop or pc two speakers and a subwoofer with a volume control

forgot to ,mention base control also !! very loud speakers with no distortion at all just very good sound

Original Poster

Do you know the model number so I can look online? Thanks!

On the jbl ones what does the 'self powered' refer to?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?510
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423914468
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!22
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553771

See more discussions