Speakers for tv,any advice in which would be good to buy?

Posted 2nd Aug
Hi folks,I have decided to buy some speakers for my tv and have a budget of £120,if anyone can recomend anything that would be great,it's mainly to listen to music from youtube and I suppose I might start watching films in the future,I have seen some made by Edifier it's the 1700 model and they are £100.Just thought I would ask to see if anyone knew anything better.I only want 2 speakers as I haven't room for base units.
Speakers will need to be active as I haven't got an amp
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Do you mean something like this amazon.co.uk/Edi…6VY?

I dunno, personally I'd give RicherSounds a call.
MadeDixonsCry02/08/2020 21:28

Do you mean something like this …Do you mean something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edifier-R1280T-2-0-per-paar/dp/B07SVBP6VY?I dunno, personally I'd give RicherSounds a call.

Hi yes that kind of size,they seem a decent price
Here's the ones I was looking at earlier and £30 cheaper than Amazon cpc.farnell.com/edi…wcB
Edited by: "Maxim7750" 2nd Aug
What audio outputs does your TV have?
EndlessWaves02/08/2020 21:41

What audio outputs does your TV have?

It has RCA and an optical connection and a headphone port
Maxim775002/08/2020 21:44

It has RCA and an optical connection and a headphone port

You sure it has RCA outputs? That's rare nowadays. A 3.5mm to RCA cable would be fine with the headphone port. Or you could use an optical DAC from the TV then use RCA cable.
rev603/08/2020 02:20

You sure it has RCA outputs? That's rare nowadays. A 3.5mm to RCA cable …You sure it has RCA outputs? That's rare nowadays. A 3.5mm to RCA cable would be fine with the headphone port. Or you could use an optical DAC from the TV then use RCA cable.

Hi here is a photo of connections 41566861-V3Dix.jpg41566861-0VlN2.jpg
Have you thought about a sound bar? I was impressed with a refurbished Panasonic I got from their eBay store for just £29.99.
yorkie1203/08/2020 09:11

Have you thought about a sound bar? I was impressed with a refurbished …Have you thought about a sound bar? I was impressed with a refurbished Panasonic I got from their eBay store for just £29.99.

Hi I would consider that,what model was that then?So the sound quality was quite decent then,that could even be more practical in terms of the space that I have
Maxim775003/08/2020 09:16

Hi I would consider that,what model was that then?So the sound quality was …Hi I would consider that,what model was that then?So the sound quality was quite decent then,that could even be more practical in terms of the space that I have

Panasonic SC-HTB8EB-K Soundbar 80W Output Bluetooth Wireless Music Streaming - None available @£29.99 today but keep checking as they keep coming back in stock.
ebay.co.uk/itm…649
yorkie1203/08/2020 14:16

Panasonic SC-HTB8EB-K Soundbar 80W Output Bluetooth Wireless Music …Panasonic SC-HTB8EB-K Soundbar 80W Output Bluetooth Wireless Music Streaming - None available @£29.99 today but keep checking as they keep coming back in stock.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panasonic-SC-HTB8EB-K-Soundbar-80W-Output-Bluetooth-Wireless-Music-Streaming/203045346014?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Hi thanks so is the sound good enough quality with that and fairly loud should you fancy a bit of volume?
I've got in running from my PC , ended up wall mounting it as it was too big for desk at 75cm. I run it with audio leads from the PC and for me it has plenty of volume and the sound remains clear even at the top end. From a TV the best connection is probably optical and it also does bluetooth to connect a phone ,etc. For a budget sound bar I think this would take some beating.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 3rd Aug
yorkie1203/08/2020 14:34

I've got in running from my PC , ended up wall mounting it as it was too …I've got in running from my PC , ended up wall mounting it as it was too big for desk at 75cm. I run it with audio leads from the PC and for me it has plenty of volume and the sound remains clear even at the top end. From a TV the best connection is probably optical and it also does bluetooth to connect a phone ,etc. For a budget sound bar I think this would take some beating.

Ok thanks yes it was a good price,Panasonic always used to have a good name too
Post a comment
@
    Text