Groups
    EXPIRED

Spec me up a Quad core base Unit

Playing with the Idea of buying a Dell pc to replace my out of date system as they seem to cheap atm, unless someone can spec me up a deal with quality parts and i can build it myself

just so out of date with whats good and worth while that i just dont know which components to get, it seems that the CPU of choice is the Intel Quad core Q6600

so if you can spec me up the best PC i can get with that processor for around £300 that would be great, would be the following:

* Decent Motherboard (asus for similar good make)
    * 2-3gb ram running at 1066mhz
    * PSU thats middle of the road
    * Case - i have one although if it could be replaced id like to do that aswel
    * 1tb+ or H/D space (whats this i hear about running in raid if poss?)

I have a PCI wireless card which id like to carry over and a creative 5.1 sound card which is decent enough

so let me know what you can source

2 Comments

And for £300? Might need to stretch your budget alot more. Cheapest 1TB drive ive seen is £99.

To get what you want, you are looking at least £400

Q6600 go for around £130
    1TB go for around £100, though I think I saw £90 somewhere,might be my eyes again
    Quality PSU for around £60 (never cut corners in PSU is my rule of thumb)
    2gb 1066mhz go for around £40
    And you can get a cheapo case for £20
    Good Asus mobo for around £70 if you are not overclocking

total: £420, though I never outsourced it yet so it could be cheaper.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions